April 18, 2024, 06:35:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Missing Sounds in CMI V 1.11.0.2880 --- V Collection 9  (Read 1925 times)

Cyticre

• Apprentice
Missing Sounds in CMI V 1.11.0.2880 --- V Collection 9
« on: January 06, 2023, 05:56:01 pm »
Hello - there appears to be many missing sounds in the latest update to the CMI V.

--
Does anyone know why Arturia randomly discontinues sounds banks without warning? For client and personal projects its a bit of a nightmare.
--

Specifically, I have projects with the sound CROSS TOWN TRAFFIC and it is missing.

In fact, the entire folder under the FACTORY presets called SYNTHOPEDIA  is gone in the latest update.

Also missing is an entire folder under the FACTORY presets called PatchWorks

---
I have these 2 folders saved from a previous version of CMI V, Is it possible to add these to the latest build of CMI V? I tried just copying the folders under /Library/Arturia/Presets but it doesn't work.

Are older sounds available to download or even purchase?

Why would Arturia not just make these older sounds available permanently?

Cyticre

• Apprentice
Re: Missing Sounds in CMI V 1.11.0.2880 --- V Collection 9
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 06:37:06 pm »
---
SOLVED (kind of)

I was able to just copy the sounds from an older V Collection download under /ProgramData/Arturia/Samples/CMI V

And paste it on my Mac Book Pro under /Library/Arturia/Samples/

--
I still cant imagine why Arturia would decide to remove older sounds from a synth when updating it and give zero heads-up to customers! Unless all the names of the patches were moved or renamed... Either way seems kind of weird to do.

For the record, I would gladly pay for older patches that were removed, but without an easy notification to customers, I had to go with this method.

Fortunately, I had the older samples backed up on my PC!

Hope this helps anyone looking for missing patches the CMI V or any synth for that matter!

LBH

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 07:33:24 pm »
Hello,

The two soundbanks you mention is not included in V-Collection 9. Synthopedia was and is a part of V-Collection 7, and both Synthopedia and Patchwork was and is a part of V-Collection 8.
You should still have Synthopedia within VC-7, and have Synthopedia + Patchwork within VC-8 in ASC but not in your VC-9.
You should also have them in the same way on the product pages of your website Arturia account.

So you can still install them like before, if you for some reason have uninstalled them or need to install them on another computer. They are not gone.
Keep in mind that the soundpacks have many presets that require older versions of applications that's not in VC-9.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 07:35:26 pm by LBH »

Cyticre

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 08:48:19 pm »
Awesome thanks for your response.

I can still see Synthopedia and Patchworks in my Analog Lab 5 under My Sounds Banks, but I didn't see those specific patches (including Crossfade Traffic by Bitley).

Good to know that I can still download them in the future if needed, so I will do that if I run into any issues.

-Thanks again

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines