March 28, 2024, 08:43:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Upgrade for wave tables - possible?  (Read 705 times)

wipi

• Apprentice
Upgrade for wave tables - possible?
« on: January 05, 2023, 11:08:16 am »
Hi,
when you get such a capable device as the MiniFreak, you want - more.
So, I am wondering if it would be technically feasible to eventually provide an update that adds wavetables to the oscillators. Or are the current oscillator types based on wavetables already?
Does the MF have enough memory for this?
Would it have been a good idea to add an SD card slot to the device?

Regards
Willy

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Upgrade for wave tables - possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 12:18:52 pm »
It has been hinted in some videos that wavetables may come in an update. Judging by the the MicroFreak history, good things could happen... However, I think we should take the MiniFreak for what it is, and then any added features would be a nice surprise :)

It's not the same thing of course, but it's capable of some wavetable-like sounds already since it has the timbre altering parameters in the oscillators.

rdubo

• walk like the oscillator does...
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 11:24:30 pm »
hello there... happy owner of both micro and minifreak here, totally thankful of what i've got... question: unless i'm totally wrong on this one, but sebastièn on the latest live stream about minifreak_v hinted that is possible to "import" external waveforms to some of the oscillators (vía drag'n'drop actually) in order to have some kinda workaround for us, the wavetable enthusiasts... am i right ?... if i do, how can we achieve that ?... i think is not on the manual...

again, i'm totally into my arturia devices and i thank you for the products that the team develops...

have an amazing week everybody and i'll be looking forward for indications...

big hugs !!!...
--
Rodrigo Antonio Dubó Vega.
Music enthusiast.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 11:45:33 am »
The MiniFreak doesn't have wavetables - at least not yet... It has been mentioned that it may get it in a future update.

prosynth

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 07:06:51 pm »
I'd like to second the request for the Wavetable oscillator. What would be even better would be the ability to load user wavetables, or at a minimum a user single cycle waveform into that, or another oscillator. Would greatly expand the tonal palate.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines