March 28, 2024, 02:00:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Synthi V and Logic automation quantize problem  (Read 1796 times)

Dag

Synthi V and Logic automation quantize problem
« on: January 04, 2023, 03:39:12 pm »
I am trying to modulate osc 2 and 3 frequency in Logic 10.4.4. I have turned off the quantize frequency switch, but Logic insist on stepping between pitches and not insert values nor sweeping freely. I use the non-quantizing automation parameter (there is also a quantizing one) Anybody used this combo of DAW and Synthi V? Using Synthi V ver 1.7.0.2880

LBH

Re: Synthi V and Logic automation quantize problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 05:31:29 pm »
Hello,

Work here. But i'm on Windows and not a Logic user.
Have you tried different plugin formats?

I assume you are'nt on Ventura. Arturia have not confirmed compatibility with this.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 05:33:52 pm by LBH »

Dag

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 11:21:26 pm »
Thanks for answering. Replying to myself after investigating. It seems to be a Logic problem with the handling Arturias parameters. Tested automation with a M1 Macbook Pro and OS 11.7 with Logic Pro 10.7.4. Same result. On both the old and new machines I'm able to automate the Synthi osc frequencies smoothly using Ableton Live. Strange.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 09:40:47 am »
I'm beginning to lose patience with Logic. Apple don't seem incentivised to fix the bugs that are starting to pile-up, including this one. I think sometimes it would be better for us if they pulled-out of the pro-app market completely and left it to developers for whom quality apps are their bread and butter, like Ableton, instead of it being a sideline for a company whose main bread and butter is selling iPhones to Americans (the only country still obsessed with them.)
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 07:08:37 pm »
I can't tell if this is a Logic or a Arturia issue. I suggest you ask Arturia support through your account to be certain.

Ssuraea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 02:35:29 pm »
I'm not sure this is a Logic problem. Try this. I set up a patch where the Joystick in Synthi-V controls the pitch of an oscillator. Holding a note and moving the joystick I would expect to hear a smooth glide in pitch. Instead I hear a quantized glide. Turning the "Quant" switch on and off for that oscillator seems to make no difference. Do you get the same result if you try that?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines