April 20, 2024, 05:14:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 5 not seeing parameters from Analog Lab 4.  (Read 710 times)

Photona

Analog Lab 5 not seeing parameters from Analog Lab 4.
« on: January 03, 2023, 01:26:17 am »
Hey there!

I wrote a bunch of songs using Analog Lab 4.

I then upgraded Analog Lab 4 to Analog Lab 5.

When I opened up one of my projects, it said that the Analog Lab 4 VST2 cannot be found.

I tried dragging Analog Lab 5 onto the track, hoping that it would work. However, Analog Lab 5 sees none of the parameters I used in Analog Lab 4.

I separately reinstalled Analog Lab 4, and the parameters are back and working fine.

The question is this: Is there a way to make Analog Lab 5 see the settings that I put in place when I was using Analog Lab 4?

Thanks!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Analog Lab 5 not seeing parameters from Analog Lab 4.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 10:05:07 am »
Unfortunately not. Many of the sound-engines in AL4 are incompatible with AL5 because Arturia re-coded them. If your projects use sounds exclusive to AL4, you will need to carry on using AL4.

EDIT: And just to pre-empt someone saying 'it sucks that AL5 is not fully backwards-compatible with AL4' (I've seen this complaint various times), no it doesn't. In order for a developer to enhance a product without dragging-along legacy code for a hundred years or more, there has to come a point when they draw a line in the sand and decide the new version of something isn't going to be 100% compatible with the old version, otherwise progress can't be made. It would only become an issue if the new version took away something you legitimately purchased. And seeing they let AL4 purchasers keep AL4 as well as AL5, there is no issue.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 12:13:42 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines