April 26, 2024, 05:28:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 4 Analog Outputs - How to access and use them?  (Read 1014 times)

John Ball

4 Analog Outputs - How to access and use them?
« on: January 02, 2023, 07:41:01 pm »
The Minifuse Control Center program includes display options for 4 analog outputs and two stereo USB outputs.
Windows 10 audio shows only ASIO, Main, and AUX choices.
When I select Main or Aux I see stereo signals on the Minifuse USB outputs even when I am sending only mono.
When I select Minifuse ASIO in Windows 10 I get 4 independent channels on the USB outputs but these still act like stereo with a single volume slider.
In both cases the Analog channels show no audio output.

What is the purpose of the Analog outputs and how do I access them from Windows 10?
I need 4 completely independent outputs each with their own volume control.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: 4 Analog Outputs - How to access and use them?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 11:35:43 am »
In Windows, the input and outputs are treated as stereo pairs. If you want sound in only one channel, you need to use the panning in MiniFuse Control Center (MCC).

If you're not getting sound from output 3 and 4, you either have to :
  • Click the "USB3-4" button in the "OUTPUTS 3 & 4" section
or
  • Add channel strips for USB 3 & 4 - click the "+" sign on the background an select COMPUTER SOURCES 3-4
To get sound in only one channel, you must set both pan control in the "USB 3-4" channel strip to one side. Or if the app you play sounds from allow panning, you can do it there.

When using a DAW things are different, and all 4 channels can be accessed separately.

John Ball

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 09:51:25 pm »
Thanks.
I was afraid that a DAW would be needed for the analog outputs.  I wonder why though?
My app is the Hauptwerk pipe organ program which sees 4 mono outputs, although 2 at a time and thru the USB rather than the Analog.
I can control volume levels for all 4 from within Hauptwerk or from the actual audio amplifiers.
A bit more complicated, but I can cope.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 12:08:44 pm »
Good to hear you have a solution :)

I didn't know about Hauptwerk. It seems pretty cool and is quite flexible w.r.t. audio routing. These things can indeed seem a bit involved at first, but once worked out, it's not too bad 👍

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines