April 18, 2024, 08:32:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modifying MIDI Drum Map produces inconsistent results  (Read 2204 times)

eoan

Modifying MIDI Drum Map produces inconsistent results
« on: November 02, 2022, 10:30:59 am »
Hello

I'm attempting to use the Drumbrute Impact to send MIDI messages to my PC. I have a seen a few issues with the Drum Map:

Firmware: 1.0.9

1) I can modify the Drum Map in the MIDI Control Center, but the changes are not made across all mappings
* Some of the mappings don't change at all
* Some change, but takes some time before the changes are seen in the Console
* Some change, but later change back when trying to fix other mappings

2) The mappings are sequential by default, rather than mapping to the standard MIDI Drum Maps
* is that expected? Starts at 36 through to 45
* I am trying to map the pads based on GM Standard Drum Machine mappings

3) I'm not seeing any midi messages when using the Color options
** EDIT: I am getting the MIDI messages for Color PADS. I tested with a manually edited Pattern in the MIDI CC and sent this to the device, then can see the messages being generated. I also managed to use the PADS directly after setting color correctly on the PADS.
4) There is no Color on the Tom L, even thought there is a Drum Map for this - it's not available to set in the MIDI CC or on the Device itself

As a workaround, I have updated my DAW (Cakewalk) to do the mappings internally

See XL Attached with mapping observations

« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 04:13:42 pm by eoan »

Hartman025

Re: Modifying MIDI Drum Map produces inconsistent results
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 06:07:06 am »
Modifying a MIDI drum map can indeed produce inconsistent results if not done properly. There are several factors that can cause this, such as incorrect assignment of MIDI notes to drum sounds, incorrect velocity settings, or incorrect mapping of controller values. To avoid these issues, it's important to make sure you follow the proper steps and use the correct tools when modifying a MIDI drum map.
Here are some tips for avoiding inconsistent results when modifying a MIDI drum map:
Start with a well-defined drum map: Make sure you have a clear understanding of the standard MIDI drum map and how it is typically used in your music software or hardware. Next Employee Portal Login Page
Use a tool that supports drum mapping: There are various tools available for modifying drum maps, such as drum mapping software or drum mapping plugins. Make sure you choose a tool that is compatible with your software or hardware.
Assign MIDI notes correctly: When assigning MIDI notes to drum sounds, make sure you follow the standard MIDI drum map as closely as possible. This will ensure that your drum map is compatible with other software or hardware that uses the same standard.
Set velocity values correctly: Velocity values determine the volume of a drum sound. Make sure you set these values correctly to get the desired volume levels for each drum sound.
Map controllers correctly: If you want to use controllers (such as expression pedals or modulation wheels) to control aspects of your drum sounds, make sure you map these controllers correctly.
By following these tips, you should be able to avoid inconsistent results when modifying a MIDI drum map.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 04:28:54 am by Hartman025 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines