April 25, 2024, 03:01:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniLab MK3 no sound pressing down on key  (Read 1360 times)

MIDInoob

MiniLab MK3 no sound pressing down on key
« on: January 01, 2023, 03:11:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just received the Mk3 two days ago and am in the process of setting everything up.
I've connected the Mk3 via the USB C cable to my Macbook and am running Analog Lab V.

However the notes don't play when I press down on the keyboard keys, but only when I release the key.
So It's impossible to hold down a bass note with my left hand whilst playing a melody with my right hand.

Do you guys have any idea what might be causing this?
Firmware is up to date and I've tried multiple presets, all with the same issue.

Hoping someone can figure this out :)

lastRobin

• Apprentice
Re: MiniLab MK3 no sound pressing down on key
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 09:14:58 am »
I had exactly the same issue with mine one.

MacBook Pro mid 2017 2 thunderbolts

What I've tried so far:

1. Apple charging cable - very unstable, works once out of 10 connection attempts, visible in usb tree meanwhile.

2. Some PD USB2.0 cable from Baseus - It works exactly the way you describe. I checked midi input and KEY OFF CCs are just lost. Midi Control Center sorta works but definitely with this cable I observed connection issues.

3. USB 3.1 Gen 2 10 Gbit cable - it doesn't even appear in USB tree

4. Arturia cable via USB adapter - same to point 1.

5. Power delivery USB-C hub with USB 2.0 port - the most stable way of connection. Sometime connection issues reappear
 but generally reconnecting fixes them. Seems like keyboard power requirements are higher than my Mac can provide.

Before I bought hub I had erased the disk and reinstalled MacOS. But try hub first.
Also I tried 12 years old Windows laptop with USB 2.0 and iPad from 2015 - works perfectly.

MIDInoob

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 03:39:55 pm »
Connecting with another usb cable through a usb-c hub (option 5) did the trick for me.

Strange that there’s a workaround like this needed.

Thanks for the solution!

lastRobin

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 11:53:52 am »
Well,

You never know what's gonna help )

I just chose a conservative solution with USB 2.0 but seems USB 3.0 works via hub as well (I have some on hub)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines