March 28, 2024, 03:15:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: remove saw fundamental in pigments  (Read 764 times)

rweisman

• Apprentice
remove saw fundamental in pigments
« on: December 31, 2022, 11:30:21 pm »
I saw a tutorial on YT where they were making a reese bass, but, did not like the phasing of the fundamental frequency in the saw wave.  They used a feature in their VST to remove the fundamental, then, added back in a sine wave to prevent the phasing.

How can I remove the fundamental frequency of the saw in pigements?

Thanks!

LBH

Re: remove saw fundamental in pigments
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 06:01:37 pm »
Hello,

It would help you add links to what you wan't and to describe what effect you wish to get.

I thought the whole idea behind a Reese Bass was the detuning. And i assume you by phase mean the effect the detuning have.

Pigments does'nt have a remove fundamental as such.

I assume the goal is to have a more centered fundamental.
You can in example route a Sine wave in Pigments Utility Engines Oscilator directly to Pigments output.
And it's possible to use a HP filter (in example the SUrgery filter) to remove the lowest end of the other signal. In example the KBD can be used to modulate the Cutoff so the cutoff point follow the note you play.
I think this can give a similar effect to removing the fundamental.

It's also possible to find some settings in the Harmonic module where the fundamental is removed, and that might work for some things.

I would like to have a wave editor and a remove fundamental function. But that will be a feature request.

rweisman

• Apprentice
Re: remove saw fundamental in pigments
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 07:48:05 pm »
Thank you very much!  appreciate the help!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines