April 24, 2024, 03:13:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: is it possible to record sequence into ableton?  (Read 939 times)

samerghosn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
is it possible to record sequence into ableton?
« on: December 31, 2022, 03:58:21 am »
Hi,
I'm unable to get the recorded sequence as midi, however, the keys i play are shown as midi inside my ableton mini track.
If i use minifreakV (MnFV), I can see my sequence inside the vst but not in my midi track.

is it possible to record sequence into ableton? and to be able to manipulate it like any other midi track and hear it in MnFV

thanks,
samer

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: is it possible to record sequence into ableton?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 12:29:26 pm »
To enable MIDI output from the sequencer, make sure that these menu items are are set up correctly:

"Utility/MIDI/MIDI Seq/Synth" should be set up with the MIDI block on the right (you can see the flow of MIDI data in the little diagram).

"Utility/MIDI/MIDI To" should be set to "USB" or  "USB and MIDI DIN" (assuming you connect your MiniFreak to the computer by USB.

When it's set up so that the arp/seq sends MIDI, you should be able to record the MnF's sequencer in Ableton.

You can read more about this in the manual chapter 16.2.3.

If you want to reset the configuration to the defaults (with the seq/arp sending MIDI), you can use:
"Utility/Misc/Reset Settings"

Nuver

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 08:32:02 pm »
I'm using Bitwig and am also having trouble to route Minifreak V's arp/sequencer midi out to record on another track.
I have followed the advice above and also consulted the manual, but I cannot get the midi created by the arp or sequencer routed to another track.

I trigger the arp of the Minifreak by holding a three note chord.
The midi that comes out of Minifreak V is the same three note chord.

When I try a similar set up with Pigments the chord is converted to a arpeggiated stream of midi notes that I'm able to record on another track, so it's not a DAW issue.

I tried to play with Minifreak V's settings but cannot get it to work. Help?

samerghosn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 04:21:41 am »
Hi,
I followed the steps as indicated and it didn't work. I cannot see the sequence inside ableton.

thanks.
Samer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines