April 25, 2024, 09:22:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments 4.0.0.2935 and 4.0.1.2949 Audio Bug  (Read 658 times)

Mouette

• Technomage, Musician, Maker
  • Apprentice
    • Síofra Tech Cooperative
Pigments 4.0.0.2935 and 4.0.1.2949 Audio Bug
« on: December 30, 2022, 03:17:55 am »
Help, please.
My system specs
Edition: Windows 11 Pro

Version: 22H2
Installed: ‎2022-‎09-‎20
OS Build: 22621.963
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0
Device: DELL XPS 8940
Processor:11th Gen Intel, Core i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 64.0 GB

I use this DELL as a dedicated DAW and nothing else. All software that is not essential to music production has been deleted or disabled. Apart from Reaper and a suite of software synthesizers and effects, Arturia MiniFUSE 2 audio interface, and HX Helix/HX Stomp, the system is very clean.

Anyway, after the last major Win update followed by an Arturia Update, all Arturia applications seemed to start using Win Narrator. I checked and found that Win Narrator was still disabled despite hearing the voice, as is clearly illustrated by the screencap below. This only affects Arturia software both in stand-alone mode and when used as VST in Reaper. When in Reaper only interactions with Arturia VST are heard. I have uninstalled all Arturia software, reinstalling only the support app for the MiniFUSE and Pigments 4.

I have no text-to-word applications, moreover, the voice is UK English Female, while my system default is US English Female.

I submitted a helpdesk ticket to Arturia, and they apparently didn't actually read the details or look at the picture because they suggested I turn off Windows Narrator and kindly shared instructions how to use a mouse and click the toggle switch to do so.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 06:26:19 pm by Mouette »
Organizer: Síofгa Tech Cooperative for Social & Technological Innovation in Performing Arts  #SolidarityEconomics muiren@siofra.tech

Mouette

• Apprentice
Re: Narrator Active Only On Arturia Apps
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 03:41:57 pm »
I have published everything except video and my system logs, and still people keep telling me all I have to do is turn off Narrator. How is that not gaslighting?

Organizer: Síofгa Tech Cooperative for Social & Technological Innovation in Performing Arts  #SolidarityEconomics muiren@siofra.tech

Mouette

• Apprentice
Re: Narrator Active Only On Arturia Apps
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 06:25:49 pm »
Latest update.
I've worked with a remote support team at Microsoft on this and proven this problem is exclusively caused by the latest version of Pigments and is not a systemic Windows 11 operating system issue.

• We completely removed all Arturia software and drivers, including Control Center, and it's related drivers.
  • We refreshed the Windows OS, deleting all registry entries, then restarted the system.[
  • Reinstalled Arturia Software Centre[
  • Installed Pigments 3.7.1.2684

The female UK English language voice issue does not present itself with Pigments version 3.7.1.2684, however, what I now consider a bug returned, as soon as we updated to versions Pigments 4.0.0.2935 and 4.0.1.2949. I have again uninstalled the newest version 4 of Pigments, and will continue using version 3 until Arturia can offer a fix or work around.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 07:12:20 pm by Mouette »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines