April 25, 2024, 04:26:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Factory and Vintage Factory Presets Causing Duplicates  (Read 674 times)

bwm5150

• Apprentice
Factory and Vintage Factory Presets Causing Duplicates
« on: December 29, 2022, 06:16:51 pm »
Hi there

I don't understand the sudden inclusion of the 'vintage factory' presets on my V collection, or it's not something I have noticed before as previously I did not have duplicates to some of the factory settings showing in the synths. Can someone explain to me when, how and why this has come about and if you guys just deleted the 'vintage factory' folders to stop the duplications?

Thanks

LBH

Re: Factory and Vintage Factory Presets Causing Duplicates
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 07:13:26 pm »
Hello,

It's possible you have a corrupt database file.
You can try to remove the db.db3 file in your main preset folder that's on the location set for your resource folder in Arturia Software Center (ASC).

The file will be rebuild when you open applications. If you open Analog Lab, then let it be open some time while the database rebuild.

If this does'nt help, then you have to find out. if you actually have the presets twice somehow.

bwm5150

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 07:25:13 pm »
Thanks for the reply!!!

I tried that a couple of times but still getting the duplicates but in my folders, there are the 'factory' and 'vintage factory' folders. They both contain some of the same presets. I never noticed this before and I'm a bit confused where they came from, and if they've been there all this time, why now only the duplicates. The Vintage Factory are from April of this year whereas everything else is from last year when I first installed the V collection.

Not sure if I should delete the same presets in the vintage factory folder or regular factory folder.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 07:46:04 pm »
Can you give an example presets you have in both a Factory and a Vintage Factory folder? Then i can check here.

One of the duplicates is probably not from latest install. I would keep those the newest installer iinstall.

bwm5150

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 07:57:13 pm »
So for example in the DX7 library. In the 'Factory' folder, it has the ROM1A-01 all the way to ROM2B-32. These appear in the Vintage Factory too and I believe these are causing duplicates. Similar happening with the OP-XA as there's the OB-XA and the OP-XA folders of the same presets. I've attached the DX7 libraries as an example.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 08:22:09 pm »
I only have those presets in Vintage Factory folders.
I'm not sure, if i have done anything to make it so. But i have recently updated the applications.

If you have imported or copied presets to you preset folder, then that might explain it.

bwm5150

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 08:40:55 pm »
Ah okay. Yeah I copied over some presets. So I'll look for doubles between the factory and vintage factory and delete from the factory. Cheers

bwm5150

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 10:02:29 pm »
I only have those presets in Vintage Factory folders.
I'm not sure, if i have done anything to make it so. But i have recently updated the applications.

If you have imported or copied presets to you preset folder, then that might explain it.

Did an update and it's sorted it all out. Don't know why I didn't try that earlier. Thanks for your time!!!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines