April 25, 2024, 04:36:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Fixed transpose over user presets  (Read 922 times)

joggy.music

• Apprentice
Fixed transpose over user presets
« on: December 29, 2022, 02:59:36 pm »
Hi there, I'm new here and an old school synth hardware synth & workstations keyboardist (classic rock cover band) and started recently to evaluate midi controllers and vst instruments.

I bought a MKii 61 and want to use it also to play sounds of my Kurzweil Forte 7 Workstation => my problem is that I need a fixed transpose of -1 semitones for the whole gig. Therefore I set the transpose in each user preset. But a change of the user presets deactivates the transpose button => is there a workaround to avoid a new activation of the transpose button after each change of user presets?

Thanks for your help!
Joggy

LBH

Re: Fixed transpose over user presets
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 05:36:07 pm »
Hello,

I don't own a Arturia controller. But i would exspect a saved User template where you have transposed the keys work, as long as you use that template.

joggy.music

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 05:49:36 pm »
yes, it works as long as I use it. But if you change the user preset to another one (with a configutated key transpose), the transpose button gets off. You need to switch it on again to get the configurated transpose function.

Transpose range is an item of the user preset - unfortunately there is no transpose parameter in the global settings.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 06:43:24 pm »
I talk about Templates for the controller. It's a Controller Template/ Preset not a Sound preset.
I talk about transposing the actual Controller keyboard, and not a preset in a Sound source software.

When you say presets, then what do you mean? Are you talking about a Controller preset or a sound preset? There is a major difference. You don't have to change the Template when you change Sound preset.
The preset/ Template for the controller store the settings for the Controller. In Keylab MK2 you can even set a transpose for each of 2 parts in a controller user template, if you wish. Are you saying this does'nt work?
Where do you transpose? Please post a screenshot, if you still need help.

To me it sound like you talk about Sound presets, and not a Controller Template/ preset.

If you actually have'nt transposed the Controller but only a individual sound, then you might even don't have to save/ store the Controller Template for this to work. On my controller i can transpose the controllers keys, and that setting does'nt change just because i change to another Sound preset in a sound software. I would actually think it's the same for Arturias Controllers.

joggy.music

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 08:01:54 pm »
LBH, I talk about controller setups, not about sound setups.

To explain the use case:
- sound comes from my Kurzweil Forte 7 (up to 16 zones/sounds with different MIDI channels)
- MKii should play sounds by sending midi notes on the selected channel ( for instance a lead sound at channel 1 for playing a solo, fast switch to another sound at channel 2)
- for that fast switch I assigned the MKii pad 1 to user preset 1 (midi ch 1, transpose -1, ...) and pad 2 to user preset 2 ( midi ch 2, transpose -1, ...)
=> but the MKii didn't keep the activated transpose button, if you switch the channels by user presets.

If I change the midi channel by holding down the transpose button and selecting the related key (D# for ch 2) it works, but this is not a option if you need to have a fast channel switch while playing a solo. Therefore I tried it with calling user presets by pressing pads .

Some other controllers have a transpose function in the global parameters, but not MKii. Meanwhile I found other posts where users are missing a latch function for the transpose button - seems to be missing Aturia function:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108145.msg185894#msg185894

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 08:55:40 pm »
I would still think it should be possible. But as i don't have a Arturia Keylab, then i suggest you contact Arturia support through your account.

I understand the needed settings is stored with templates. So if a template is recalled, then it should set the stored settings.

I don't know if a Factory reset like explained in the manual can help. Create backups first, if you try.

Good luck.

joggy.music

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 09:10:30 pm »
Thank you LBH!
At Kurzweil keyboards / controllers you can set entry and exit values for each controller of a user (multi) preset. Arturia didn't implement that function - my hope is, that someone of this forum found a workaround...

joggy.music

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 07:27:56 am »
Got the short answer from Arturria about the problem:
--‐--‐-----------‐----------------
 Thank you for sharing this video with us.
 I've submitted your message as a feature request.
 Feel free to get back to us if you need any further help.
-----‐------------------------------
So, there is definitely no way to keep a transpose active when changing user presets  >:(

LBH

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 03:58:25 pm »
Hi joggy.music,

Thanks for updating.

In generel then if settings that can and is saved within a user preset is'nt set when the preset is selected, then it's a malfunction.
I understood, this is what you needed, when you mentioned the User preset you had saved.
It's only, if you wan't other settings than you have saved with a User Preset, where you should have a problem.

If what you wan't is a possibility to not have a User preset to send out a Transpose setting but use the current setting, then that's not possible, and that will be a feature request.

Also a possibility to only change midi Channels fast with the controllers pads and buttons could be useful.

I assume User settings is a kind of Global setting. But Having Global and local settings as two different things can also be useful. I also have this functionality on my old controller.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines