March 29, 2024, 04:08:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Function Free running issue  (Read 667 times)

LBH

Function Free running issue
« on: December 27, 2022, 03:41:15 pm »
Hello,

When the sequencer is active, the Functions in LFO mode retrigger/ restart for each note on event, when the Functions are in Free running mode.

It was'nt like that with the old FREE RUNNING retrigger.

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Function Free running issue
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 12:52:11 pm »
Hello LBH,
I don't reproduce the issue you are mentioning.
Having functions in LFO free running mode retrigs on the first note played while having seq/arp enabled.
It is the same behavior on Pigments 3.0.
Do you confirm that it only restarts one inputing manually a note and note per seq/arp note?
Regards.
QA Technician

LBH

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 05:40:01 pm »
Hi Matthieu,

Yes i can confirm it's on "manual" note on event. It's not on each Seq/ Arp beat.
You are actually confirming the issue.

The point is a Free running mode should not retrigger at all.
(When you don't use the Seq/ Arp, then the Free running mode correctly is'nt retriggered on note on events.)
If i want the Free running mode to retriggered like it does now, then i would use the Seq Start retrig. As it is now, then there is no difference between the Free running and the Seq Start retrig. There should be.

BTW: It's the same issue for the normal LFO's and the Random modules,

In addition i can tell, that i ie miss a Seq step 1 trigger that retrigger each time the sequencers Pitch lane reach "step" 1, as that ie would make it possible to retrigger a function after any number of "steps" without doing a "manual" note on event.
At the time being it's not possible to ie use the functions for ie uneven messures like 5/4, 7/4, 13/8 and so on, as you can't set it to a number of "steps" like you can in the sequencer. In cases like this you can't sync to the Sequencer. A Seq step 1 retrig would make that possible at least when using the Seq/ Arp.
But being able to being able to set steps/ messures in the Functions alone would be even better.
I suggest something like this is added.
It could actually be great, if each "steps" in the Seq/ Arp lane could be used as individual triggers.

Kind regards

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 12:59:18 am »
Addition.

I'm not sure how it excactly worked in different Pigments, that's not important in this.

But if you try the "Crushed Melody" Factory melodic sequence by Jean-Michel Blanchet, then that preset in my Pigments still show the old "Free Running" as Retrig Source for Function 1. It does'nt use the new Play mode. It will not retrigger at all - not even if you manually play a note. If you change the retrig source to the new one, then it will retrigger like you confirm it does. If you reselect the preset, then you get the old back to test the difference. The function is'nt used for anything, but it show the issue. I hope the preset behave the same by you.

This is only to test. No matter what, then a free running mode shall not retrigger.
One can also read this in the tooltip for the new Free running selector.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 01:13:08 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines