February 06, 2023, 11:10:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Pigments Facebook Group  (Read 362 times)

Voider

• Apprentice
Arturia Pigments Facebook Group
« on: December 23, 2022, 03:55:01 pm »
Hey Samurais!
If you're active on facebook and not yet in a Pigments group you're whole-heartedly invited to join into my group!

I've just created it so it's tiny yet but together it can grow pretty fast. The purpose is to share tips and tricks,
get quick help on issues, ask questions and also stay up to date with the newest sales by content creators in order to upgrade
your Pigments.

See you on the other side! I'm happy about everyone who joins.
Wish you all merry x mas days. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pigments
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 07:50:21 pm by Voider »

Voider

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia Pigments Facebook Group
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 12:47:18 pm »
Hey Samurais!
The group is slowly growing :)

I've recently startet a thread where members can share their musical compositions, the only rule is that the piece needs
to contain at least one instance of Pigments. If you've created music that you want to share with others, you're happily invited
to do so under the pinned post in the group - every skill-level is welcome.

Join us and share your music!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pigments
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 06:59:49 pm by Voider »

Voider

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia Pigments Facebook Group
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 03:30:26 pm »
Runners,
in order to give this new founded Pigments group a kickstart, I've thought of a little special.

Everyone who joins the Facebook group until next friday (January 27th)
will receive a free copy of the Pad module from my Synth Runner Sound Design Series*, worth 20/$20.

I'll gift the module then exclusively to all members of the group! :)
That's your reward for helping us to build up the group together.

Other than that, since I am a professional synth sound designer, I'm sure you'll also benefit
from me being around in the group when you ask questions about things you want to do in Pigments.

And maybe you have something inspiring or knowledgeable to share with others too.

So, don't hesitate choombas and join today: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pigments

*You can learn more about the Sound Design Series here: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=109504.0

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 03:26:44 pm by Voider »

Voider

• Apprentice
Note for context: This was an answer to Richard from the other Pigments group who posted here, but later removed his post.

Richard,
for me it's less about the numbers and more about the fun, easiness, sincerity and respect.. and you took a lot of that away from your group with your latest actions and set of rules.
I thought a bit about whether I should speak up about this publicly here or not since you brought it to my thread, and I decided to do so as I see you continuing to promote a certain disrespectful and devaluing attitude towards content creators.

You not only portrayed us negatively in a frustrated group post where you expressed disappointment that only few regular members engage in topics, you also - as group admin and example - publicly stated that content creators wouldn't add enough value on their own and should be required to offer your group exclusive discounts or gifts in exchange for being allowed to share their products, which were created for the community.

But that's the point you don't understand:

Content creators play a vital role in keeping the synth and its community thriving, and the community shows its appreciation by purchasing and enjoying their products. This creates a natural balance of give and take, so there's no need to require anything extra. We're already doing a lot for the community by providing brand new soundsets, guides, resources and educational content, and we don't need to "justify" to share it with the community it's done for.

I don't even understand how you came up with the idea in the first place, that you're empowered with the right to have a say in other people's businesses and decide about the value and pricing of their work, just because you run a facebook group. That was inappropriate especially during christmas, when you insisted that we should go even lower and asked for discounts on top of already huge discounts. You also didn't care that this would be unfair towards our other customers who would purchase the same product on other platforms at a higher price for no reason - consequences not you but others would have to deal with.

The whole thing becomes even more absurd considering the fact that you don't invest any time or efforts in your group by yourself. You don't pay for it, you don't plan events, you don't launch giveaways - you don't create. You are rather trying to make others do the work that you are not willing to do, at their own expense. The reason there's so few engagement in your group is that you don't maintain it and try to be as little involved in it as possible. We both know that it has 4500 members on paper, but only a tiny fraction of that is active - most of them are old and inactive accounts.

All that is why I have left and am building up a better place for the Pigments community now, because that's what it needs and deserves.

The new group is a place that's properly taken care of, where everyone is appreciated and the focus is on fun and ease. Creators can share their content while feeling welcome and without facing unwarranted demands that undermine their authority over their own brand. There are many other professional and respectful ways to handle product placements if members feel that it's getting out of hand.

For the group I have assembled some talented composers and sound designers, including some of my students, who are passionate about Pigments, synthesis, creating patches and the magic and tech behind it.
It's a fresh, growing and active community, and I am confident it will be a valuable and happy place for everyone with exciting topics and fun events. :)

If you wish to continue this conversation please just drop me a PM about it on Facebook or here, so this thread stays on topic and clean, would appreciate that much.

Cheers
- Voider

« Last Edit: Today at 10:51:38 am by Voider »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines