March 29, 2024, 07:43:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A recreation I'd really like to see: YAMAHA FS1R and SY99  (Read 835 times)

Jan-Friedrich Conrad

A recreation I'd really like to see: YAMAHA FS1R and SY99
« on: December 20, 2022, 03:43:25 pm »
Just to let you know. I really would love to have a software recreation of the YAMAHA FS1R, an instrument, where rhythmic wavetables could be used as modulators in FM synthesis, and the SY-99/SY-77/TG-77 range, where samples could be combined with FM.

As a current user of the Montage 8 (8 operators plus samples) and all the good old DX7, TX7, TX802 derivates with 6 operators, I miss my TG77, which I have sold and which is ridiculously expensive on the used instrument market. Its presets where so good.

Of course, I love the DX7 V and have imported lots of DX7-sounds there. The TG-77 and – especially – the FS1R are really unique in what they do and sound like. Even the Montage cannot do all of that.

Le FS1R, j'adore. Je vous en prie!

t_fein

• Apprentice
Re: A recreation I'd really like to see: YAMAHA FS1R and SY99
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 11:11:28 pm »
Seconded! Amazing yet awfully underrated synths

PioneerDJ

Re: A recreation I'd really like to see: YAMAHA FS1R and SY99
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 02:03:37 pm »
I'd love to see these too, along with the Yamaha V50, that last of the FM synths which is also terribly underrated and did some things differently to the others in the series to make it well worth a re-creation.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines