April 19, 2024, 04:29:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Searching Presets in Logic Pro X activates Logics Key Commands  (Read 773 times)

noise

• Apprentice
    • Noise
Searching Presets in Logic Pro X activates Logics Key Commands
« on: December 17, 2022, 04:52:55 pm »
Hi,

I've run into an issue where all of the sudden with various V9 instruments when I search for a preset by name in the search field of the respective instruments it activates Logics key commands in the background and doesn't let me search for anything.

The instruments I've had issues with are:
Analog Lab V
Pigments 4
Mellotron

Here's a video showing the issue in Pigments
https://youtu.be/4ltuzZS2SIU

I haven't had time to test all of them but is anyone else having this issue or have a workaround?

thanks,
justin

tobywan

• Apprentice
Re: Searching Presets in Logic Pro X activates Logics Key Commands
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 05:05:05 pm »
Hi,

Yep I'm having the same issue across all Arturia products in Logic Pro. Can't name presets or search. All my products open minimised too. Are you getting that?

The only way it works is if I open the plugin and go to search then close the plugin window. Then reopen without maximising. Then I can type.

I think it's a known bug on Silicon Macs. Weirdly though, someone at the studio has a Silicon Mac with the same install spec as mine doesn't have this issue.

Do you have a second monitor?

All the best

Tob

nhc

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 10:32:42 am »
Hi,

did you try running Logic in fullscreen-mode? That fixed it for me (MacMini M1).

noise

• Apprentice
    • Noise
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 05:36:00 pm »
Thank you nhc, and sorry for the slow reply, but going into full screen mode fixed the issue.
Additionally minimizing the window using the little button in the upper right corner fixed it as well.

(image attached.)

I hope this helps someone, i can't believe this isn't a bigger thread and Arturia hasn't fixed this.  Arturia, please fix this :) Thank you.

tobywan

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 01:51:56 pm »
Hi,

So this problem for me is definitely linked to my second monitor. When I disconnect it all V-Collection plugins open maximised and I can type in them. As soon as i reconnect it the problem reappears.

Main Monitor is an Apple Studio and the second is an LG 21" 1080p. I think there is definitely a conflict between the resolutions of the screens with Arturia plugins.

If I open any Arturia plugin on the Studio Display the UI is minimised on load and I can't type. If I move it to the LG and close and reopen the plugin (comes up on the LG) the problem is gone. If I move it back to the Studio Display it will work as normal! This is repeatable across all Arturia plugins for me.

I hope someone at Arturia sees this and does some testing to clear this up. It's really bad UX!

Tob

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines