March 29, 2024, 12:30:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: patch cables will not connect ?!  (Read 1520 times)

Tim Gross

patch cables will not connect ?!
« on: December 16, 2022, 01:31:39 am »
so I downloaded the Easel V demo to my Surface Pro 6 to see if I want to buy it and everything works fine except: when I attempt to connect a patch cable to an input it simply disappears when I let go - no matter how closely I line up the cable with the jack it wont go in- I can disconnect existing patches on the presets but if I try to put the same cable back in the jack it will not "see" it and just sits there and dissapears if I lift my finger.

same behavior in both stand-alone and plug-in versions- is Easel not compatible with touchscreens? everything else seems to work well with multitouch but the cables don't- I see nothing about this anywhere- help?!

LBH

Re: patch cables will not connect ?!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 02:10:18 am »
Hello,

Seem to work fine here.
The black are inputs. You can't connect black to black or none black to none black.
Sound like you don't make the same connection, when you disconnect.
Perhaps it's a matter of usage?

Have you tried to use a mouse? I don't have touchscreen, so i can't test that.

Tim Gross

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 03:35:31 am »
yes- I cannot connect cables to any jacks- even the correct ones with the circles- twice now the cable did go in and the plug-in immediately crashed 😞

I was hoping that patching was simply disabled for the demo- it makes no sense- I have tried many other modular apps on this Surface and have no problem with patching cables- weird! I might try the demos for some of the other Artiria modular synths to see if it's just easel that won't work-

Tim Gross

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 06:08:01 pm »
I downloaded some other Arturia modular synths with patch cables- so far none of the work either!- I guess Arturia's patch cable code does not function on the Microsoft Surface.  :'(

I emailed Arturia technical support- they tried to help but so far no go. I am surprised they weren't aware of this issue- surely I am not the first person to discover it?

Pietro8484

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 12:04:34 am »
No, you are not the first, I wrote a post about surface pro touchscreen/stylus and problems with patch cable connections, made various videos of the issues, emailed them, had chat with support trying to be as detailed as possible, send them videos. So they are AWARE of the PROBLEM since April of last year. Result? They deleted my post, i am unable to find it on the forum and probably wasted all the hours I tried to do their dev team's work, trying to figure out where the problem was. Congratulations Arturia, really a good company!

LBH

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 12:44:44 pm »
They deleted my post, i am unable to find it on the forum
Is your post in this thread https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87810.msg189694#msg189694 what you think is erased?
I think it is.

FYI: When you are logged into the forum, then there is a search function in the top menu.

Pietro8484

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 01:29:27 pm »
Hi! No this is not the post, the one they deleted was a fresh thread started by me under V collection technical issues. I am aware of search function, thank you for help anyway!

Pietro8484

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 01:36:35 pm »
What piss me off is that the technical support asked me video of the problem and to describe in detail the whole situation. Virtually no trace remained of all this, throwing the case into oblivion.

LBH

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 06:26:31 pm »
Okay.
I don't know what have happened.
It sound like you love Buchla V. Hopefully issues will be fixed.
I my self unfortunately have issues with Buchla Vs external audio input in Studio One 6, that i hope will be fixed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines