March 28, 2024, 05:18:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jup-8 V4 frequent crashes (Ableton 9/Win10)  (Read 1325 times)

tjelvar

Jup-8 V4 frequent crashes (Ableton 9/Win10)
« on: September 15, 2022, 09:42:20 am »
Hey everyone,

I'm a new user of Jup-8 V4 so I'm not sure if this is a new issue or one that's been around a while.
I get frequent crashes in Ableton Live 9 and I'm not really sure what's causing the error. Just tweaking parameters of the VST while playing sometimes makes the instrument go completely silent (while all the graphics of the GUI still is responding). The only way to make the sound of the instrument come back is by quitting Live entirely and opening the same project up again, after which everything works as normal. However, when quitting I get the following error message from Live:

A serious program error has occurred.
Live will shut down after this message box is closed.

Please restart Live and follow the instructions in the
'Report a Crash' lesson that will appear in Live's Help View.

Reading Ableton Live's crash log reveals the following:
Code: [Select]
125582 ms. Default App: End ExchangeDocument
125588 ms. MemoryUsage: V: 5 GB, R: 587.6 MB, P: 546.4 MB
125598 ms. Exception: Windows Exception
125602 ms. Exception: Fatal Error: Unhandled exception

I get the same kind of errors on both my studio machines. Both are Win10 64-bit systems with at least 16 GB RAM, one is an Intel i5 and the other is an AMD Ryzen 7.

Jup-8 V4 version 4.3.1.2674
Ableton live 9 suite, version 9.7.7 64-bit

None of the other instruments and FX from the V Collection 8 and FX Collection 2 that I use have any similar issues. It's a pity, because I really like the Jup-8 and would love to use it more.

Do you know what might cause this error?

Thank you kindly in advance!
Br,
Olle

LBH

Re: Jup-8 V4 frequent crashes (Ableton 9/Win10)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 01:09:41 pm »
Hi,

Try to uninstall and reinstall Jup-8 V4 if you has'nt allready. Perhaps restart the computer before reinstalling.
If it dopes'nt help, then i suggest you contact Arturia support through your account. I can't tell where the issue is. I can't even see JUP-8 V4 is mentioned in your error messages.

tjelvar

Re: Jup-8 V4 frequent crashes (Ableton 9/Win10)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 02:22:33 pm »
Hi,

Try to uninstall and reinstall Jup-8 V4 if you has'nt allready. Perhaps restart the computer before reinstalling.
If it dopes'nt help, then i suggest you contact Arturia support through your account. I can't tell where the issue is. I can't even see JUP-8 V4 is mentioned in your error messages.

Thanks for your reply! I tried reinstalling as per your instructions, but it didn't work unfortunately. I'll contact support and see how it goes.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines