April 25, 2024, 11:13:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 88 MKII - C5 Key makes a clicking sound  (Read 945 times)

eirannejad

• Apprentice
KeyLab 88 MKII - C5 Key makes a clicking sound
« on: December 08, 2022, 11:05:25 pm »
Hey guy.s I'm a new owner and have been using my KeyLab 88 for a few weeks now. The C5 key just started making this clicking sound. I sprayed around it with an air spray to no avail. The sound seems to be coming from the contacts under the key. Not sure.

What are my options to fix this?

sharpnine

• Apprentice
Re: KeyLab 88 MKII - C5 Key makes a clicking sound
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 07:40:22 pm »
Hi,
My Keylab 88 MKII regularly has this problem, different keys, and it takes 2 sec. to fix it.
I got a 10-second video from Arturia tech support, that shows how you just have to pull the key out from the keyboard (toward your body) about 1/8 to 1/4 inch, and then push it back in.
It works great for me, hopefully will work for you.
Here is a link to the video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc8f58pfiin1ihg/KL88_-_How_to_unlock___lock_a_key.mp4?dl=0

In the video he pulls it out with pressure from his thumb. I find it easier to depress the keys on either side (with the other hand) and pull out gripping both sides of the key.
Very simple once you've done it. I don't know why the keys occasionally require this, but now that I know it doesn't bother me at all.

Note to anyone else reading--this is for Keylab 88 MKII only. It does not work with 61 or 49-key models. I've seen someone report that it didn't work on the original Keylab 88 either.

Roger
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 07:48:54 pm by sharpnine »

eirannejad

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 07:35:28 pm »
Roger I watched the video. Thanks a lot for sharing. The keylab 88 in the video is the original. I have the latest Keylab 88 MKII (https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/keylab-88-mkii/overview)

Not sure if they use the same FATAR keybed. I tried to pull the key with both hands but it doesn't unlock and I'm scared I might break the key

Would you mind confirming you have the same Keylab with the FATAR TP-100 keybed?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 07:53:17 pm by eirannejad »

eirannejad

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 07:52:15 pm »
Is there anyone from actual Arturia support here that can respond to this?

sharpnine

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 07:53:01 pm »
Yes I have the same controller as you, Keylab 88 MKii.
It does take considerable force, that's all I can say. I hold down the keys on either side of the target key with my left hand, and grip the key with my right hand thumb and index finger, and pull hard.

eirannejad

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 08:31:37 pm »
Okay thanks a lot for confirming and the info. I’ll give it another go using your pull method.  Wish me luck.

eirannejad

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 08:42:38 pm »
Okay SUCCEESS!!! Yeap it takes good amount of grip and it toggles out. I pulled the key out, lodged it back in but it didn’t really affect the ticking much. I have also bought some silicon grease that seems like is good to get these noise out. I might try to open the controller and apply some silicon when I can build up the courage to null my warranty 😅

Thanks a lot for the help. At least this would be useful for other keys when they get noisy

Scion111

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2023, 11:15:43 pm »
I just started a new thread on this same issue. See mine here:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=111216.0

Unfortunately the "Fix" doesn't last. Has anyone gotten a Warranty exchange that did not have this same issue?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines