April 20, 2024, 12:38:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia V Collection fails to launch on Mac OS Ventura  (Read 984 times)

vitriolix

• Apprentice
Arturia V Collection fails to launch on Mac OS Ventura
« on: December 07, 2022, 06:49:32 pm »
Of course I upgraded my Mac before I saw the FAQ about holding off on the upgrade, but I've been having trouble with trying to launch individual synths directly (so I can play with my keyboard). It seems like each synth works on the first time I run them, but then the second time I just get the dreaded pinwheel of death. Anyone else run into this? any work arounds?

vitriolix

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia V Collection fails to launch on Mac OS Ventura
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 08:21:26 pm »
I think i may have found the work around.  in the software center you can hit the little down arrow next to the uninstall button of the dead synth and "clean prefs" and the synth will launch again (once)

vitriolix

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 09:18:20 pm »
sadly this does not work reliably.  What is interesting is the plugins load in my DAW (fl studio) but not stand alone.  Analog Lab also suffers the same issue.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 03:56:12 pm »
Did you follow Apple's advice to make a time machine backup before upgrading?
If you did, you can always roll back to MacOS12.

Million and one creators, app and hardware mfrs, reviewers and youtube influencers shout from the rooftops telling you do not upgrade to a new OS if your workflows rely on third-party apps or hardware, until the mfrs of the apps/hardware say so. In our line of work there is literally zero need to be an unpaid beta-testing early adopter.

Hopefully there will be a patch soon making it compatible.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines