April 19, 2024, 02:15:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: VSTi patch rename in library browser does not update instantly  (Read 451 times)

mikejarod

• Apprentice
VSTi patch rename in library browser does not update instantly
« on: December 05, 2022, 06:01:18 pm »
VSTi
Connect hardware Minifreak / link
Go to patch library (button does not have a (onmouseover) description yet, I mean the |||\ next to the patch name, please add description?)
On the left side choose MINIFREAK so the patches on the hardware device are shown
On a patch, right mouse button, rename.
After rename the hardware screen is not updated, it still shows the old name. Even if you choose the RMB>Send to Minifreak option
If you change patches (+ and then -) on the hardware using the white preset knob, the new name is shown.
Expected behaviour is that after a rename the hardware screen is instantly updated.

I also saw that various buttons and knobs in the VSTi don't have any onmouseover description in the status bar on the bottom, or that they are very technical.
For example the buttons on the sequencer page, some are empty, some are technical like "Seq_AutoPlay" and "Seq_LaunchDice". Maybe you can clean that up a bit :)

mikejarod

• Apprentice
Re: VSTi patch rename in library browser does not update instantly
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 06:38:26 pm »
Addendum. I don't know what I did but the rename function could be buggy. I renamed 2 custom patches and that didnt work correctly, thats why I typed the text above.
But now suddenly both of these custom patches sound like an init patch.
This sucks because they were really nice patches :(

C_Huelsbeck

• Apprentice
    • http://www.huelsbeck.com
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 05:48:27 am »
I can confirm... renaming patches from the VSTi or Standalone app results in reverting the patch on the synth to sounding like Init!

C_Huelsbeck

• Apprentice
    • http://www.huelsbeck.com
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 05:57:39 am »
Here's a workaround (at least until they fix this bug)... instead of directly renaming the patch from the right-click menu, use "Save To Library" instead... you can give the patch a new name there without losing any edits. Then you can also later save the patch again on the hardware...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines