March 28, 2024, 09:48:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transpose keyboard by semitones  (Read 523 times)

mikejarod

• Apprentice
Transpose keyboard by semitones
« on: December 05, 2022, 05:39:11 pm »
I would like to be able to easily transpose the Minifreak keyboard by semitones.
If this is already possible please let me know :)

An intuitive way to use this is by shift + octave buttons.

Why is this useful to me? I'm not an experienced keyboard player. But I know chords in Amin and Cmaj. By being able to transpose by semitones I can "tune" the keyboard to another root note and still be able to play the chords I know in Amin and Cmaj. My Roland A49 midi keyboard has such a feature and I use it all the time.

didgeridoojedi

• Apprentice
Re: Transpose keyboard by semitones
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 11:18:12 pm »
Maybe I don't understand the question, but you can change semitones by turning Tune/Oct knob (you need to have Fine LED unlit to change full semitones, and you need to do it for both oscillators separately) Not the most elegant way, but that's the closest I could find for the same reason as yours :)

jojkobojko

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 11:34:47 am »
No, what you described is oscillators transposition. But, what he meant is keyboard transposition by semitones. Itīs very useful feature on some midi keyboards and synthesizers. Octave buttons shift keyboard octaves, but when you press shift + octave buttons, it shifts keyboard by semitones.

+1 for this feature  ;)

didgeridoojedi

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 12:24:30 pm »
Well then +1 for me as well.   :)
Especially that MF is handling scales and root notes in a very...unique way unlike other synths/sequencers. So in a way, tunjnd osc. is kinda workaround for me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines