April 19, 2024, 10:41:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments (and V Collection) crash almost every time on startup  (Read 689 times)

DanD

Pigments (and V Collection) crash almost every time on startup
« on: December 01, 2022, 09:21:44 pm »
Hi all,

I got both Pigments and the V Collection during the Black Friday deal. It seemed for the first couple days everything worked fine. Then suddenly, while using Ableton Live 11, I dragged in an Arturia instrument and it crashed on load. It crashed the plugin and Ableton. Ever since, the Arturia apps (Pigments or any V Collection instrument) crash about 4 out of five times when I try to load them. I have to keep trying over and over until it finally works. Once it's loaded it works great with no issues. I've cleaned preferences, reinstalled, and of course rebooted my computer. It happens Standalone or as a Plugin. Nothing has changed.

I'm running an M2 MacBook Air and running the apps off a fairly new Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD.

Any ideas? Im talking with support, but figured I'd look for other ideas as well. It's the point I can't effectively use this software.

Thanks

Pat Ward

Re: Pigments (and V Collection) crash almost every time on startup
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 09:50:49 pm »
I've been using Pigments since v2 without issues, though its always been too heavy on the CPU.

Just upgraded to v4 ( I'm using Live 11 suite ) and now Live won't accept the VST2 version as a legit device, and the VST3 version just crashes the DAW.

So as an interim I would really like to be able to install v3 so my current set of tunes are still workable.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 10:47:14 pm »
So as an interim I would really like to be able to install v3 so my current set of tunes are still workable.
Hello,

You can download earlier versions of Arturias applications on the download page and on the resource page of the individual products.

But i suggest you try to reinstall V4 first if you have'nt tried that allready. And then i suggest you contact Arturia support, if the issue persist.

Other updates that can be responsible?

Pat Ward

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 02:46:06 am »
Hello,

You can download earlier versions of Arturias applications on the download page and on the resource page of the individual products.

But i suggest you try to reinstall V4 first if you have'nt tried that allready. And then i suggest you contact Arturia support, if the issue persist.

Other updates that can be responsible?

Thanks for the info.

I was just popping back to say I'd solved the problem.  Seems the upgrade routine ignored the install location of the original Pigments and installs it in its own VSTplugins folder, alongside the original install. I'm one of those wierd people who likes to keep as much separated from my OS drive as much as I can. So I copied it to the correct place and its working fine.

Thanks again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines