March 28, 2024, 09:53:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: trying to update V9 to V9.1  (Read 1583 times)

harddrlver@aol.com

trying to update V9 to V9.1
« on: December 01, 2022, 09:12:33 pm »
support is nil. when i go to asc there are no updates available
so i don't know how to get the 9.1 update.

also it states that Analog LabV is included in V9 collection but no matter what i do it shows DEMO only.

any help would be appreciated.

i think it's pathetic that i have to get my answers from fellow users when Arturia support refuses to help
jon

LBH

Re: trying to update V9 to V9.1
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 12:03:57 am »
Hello,

If there are'nt any updates to be seen in ASC, then you probably allready have updated.
If you think you have'nt V-Collection 9.1, then please provide a version number of an application, then i can check. You can also check the latest application versions on Arturia download page here: https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals
In ASC the 9.1. update will still appear as V-Collection 9. That will not change.

ALV is included in V-Collection 9.
But if you have downloaded it separately at one point without having an activation to try it out, then you might have a ALV product, that you don't own and can be seen in ASC. I can't tell. Do you see ALV inside the V-Collection 9 product and is V-Collection activated? In that case you should be able to run ALV normally.

I doubt Arturia support directly have refused to help.

Hope this help.

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 07:42:05 am »
Hi,
what are you looking for?

On my understanding upgrades of the VSTs are provided via ASC, I upgraded ALL Vsts a few days ago.

If you are looking for the sound packages then log on to your Arturia account, select "My Products" and then you should see the sound packages as part of the VCollection 9 entry.

So everything should be there and available   ;)

have fun!
Cubase 12, Arturia Pigments + Sounds, VCollection 9, FX Collection 3, Xfer Serum, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Izotope Holiday Bundle Diamond, Sugarbytes Effectrix, Guitarist, and some others

jon O

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 09:07:28 am »
thank you for your quick reply.
i purchased V9, Pigments and FX a few nights ago. I also noticed that 9 has an update to 9.1. How would i know i have 9.1 if there's no reference to it...if in fact you say it will still show 9? i did go to that downloads page the other night. all it was confuse me. that page apparently has every download of every product of Arturia. i thought at first i must not have downloaded my products properly but i know i followed those steps closely. and usually in Windows, when you download something a second time your alerted (do you want to overwrite). well i was downloading things twice apparently.. but i stopped after i got to hardware files and i messaged support, asking what's going on.
anyway, i own V9 collection outright but within that page that shows all the instruments being registered, it shows AVL as DEMO.
So #1, how do i fix that?
and #2 how would anyone know theyre version of V9.1 is actually 9.1 when as you said, it's always gonna show 9?

thank you again.
Jon

Jon o

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 09:43:29 am »
UPDATE;

Again, i want to thank you for your help. I think i figured out the issue with Analog Lab. on that downloads page i think i accidentally downloaded Analog Lab 4, which is what was actually showing up on my products page, so i uninstalled it. i must say, that downloads page is a bit confusing especially since i had already installed the complete V9 already. perhaps a prompt on that page telling people NOT to download any of those products if they didnt have issues installing their software.

Now, for the 9.1. i still dont know if I have 9.1 or not. it would also help if they informed the customer that the software purchased as of X date is already 9.1...or not. Because there are several pages on the site that points to updating to 9.1 'FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAVE 9.0. but i try to follow that prompt and eventually end right back there at that same page. its nothing but a circle with no explanation.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 04:25:27 pm »
Your welcome.

Good the ALV issue is solved and just was a oversight.

Each sales site for individual products also have a resource page to download that product application, if you think that's less confusing.

Each update get a version number. On the download pages you ie can see, tha the leatest SQ-80 V from 04-November 2022 is version 1.4.0.2880.
If that the version you have and can check both in ASC and inside each application, then you have the VC 9.1 version. VC 9.1 arrived in November. I agree Arturia should put a date. Not long ago Arturia did'nt call their updates point something but just updates and ie November updates as far as i recall.
It is confusing Arturia give a update a version number and does'nt make it easy to check if a update is that VC version.

As said - you normally can count on you have the latest updates, if ASC does'nt show you have updates.
I will be very surprised if you have'nt the VC 9.1 updates allready, if ASC does'nt show you have updates available.

I think it's good Arturia make older versions of the applications easy to find and download. That's not something every company do, and it can be a pain they do not.

Merlin

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 01:16:04 pm »
I think i figured out the issue with Analog Lab. on that downloads page i think i accidentally downloaded Analog Lab 4, which is what was actually showing up on my products page,
Maybe you were just as confused as I by the "Explore Products" in the Arturia Software center ?
I think that it ought to be organized differently.  It is *extremely backwards and confusing* that Arturia mix products that you 'own' with products that you do not have.  They ought to put the exploring of products that one do *not* have into it's own category like e.g. DEMO downloads or something.
I personally downloaded Analog Lab 4 myself also as I were thinking that since I had version 5 then version 4 had been included , but no !
So my own downloading of Analog Lab 4 were no 'oversight' on my part but simply because of extremely poor organization or poor interface design by Arturia !  Arturia might list what software that you have at the bottom in the "Explore Products" and what you have not on the top but that doesn't really help at all since the general mix of haves and haves not is confusing as hell  !  (especially since, as at least at a glance, it nowhere says "don't have" but instead just "not installed")
Now, for the 9.1. i still dont know if I have 9.1 or not.
I guess that Arturia could put some kind of version numbering next to where it says "V Collection 9" in Arturia Software Center.   I think that the reason for them not doing so is because V Collection 9 is a collection and either of the individual components / instruments could be updated in-between the collected updates of the collection (e.g. collected Collection version update 9.1) so putting a collected Collection version number into to the ASC software would probably just give reason to a load of other misunderstandings.

To make a long story short then I think that the idea is that you should install the ASC (Arturia Software Center) and then run that once in a while and check for updates using the ASC and then stop worrying unless you think that one of the included virtual instruments do not have the correct version numbering. 
It may take a shift in thinking but at this point in time then as far as I can see then all major suppliers of music keyboard Hardware/Software combos have their own combined install and DRM manager that also handles the updating and version managing so it's a misunderstanding of how stuff works if you think that you should do anything other than install the company's Software Center / Product Manager / Access Manager / Library Manager (or however a company may designate it's DRM- / install- / product- manager)  and then use that for your general managing of that company's software !    (There of course might be exceptions but at least that would appear to be the general ideas !) 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 08:22:13 am by Merlin »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines