April 17, 2024, 12:32:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jup-8 V4 Standalone App Crashes Every Time  (Read 674 times)

Tim B

Jup-8 V4 Standalone App Crashes Every Time
« on: December 01, 2022, 03:27:32 pm »
Hi, Forum,

My Jup-8 V4 standalone app has acquired the habit of not producing any sound, and crashing whenever I select a preset.  The AU and VST still work fine in Logic and Ableton.

This is the troublesome behavior:

1. Launch the standalone.
2. Select a preset either by clicking one of the up/down preset arrows or by selecting a preset from the library page.
3. Crash.

An optional step 1.5 is to play a few notes on either the standalone's keyboard or on my MIDI keyboard to confirm that no sound is being produced, which does not alter the outcome of the above steps.  All of my other Arturia standalones are working fine, and my MIDI keyboard indeed is selected as input device in the app's MIDI settings.

I've tried shutdowns, reboots, and force quitting/restarting the coreaudiod process (which goes haywire every few days anyway due to 3rd-party audio software incompatibilities), but so far no dice.

I'm tempted to uninstall and reinstall the Jup-8 app, but at least one other user in another thread tried that with another standalone to no avail.  (Out of curiosity, if I were to uninstall and reinstall, how might I avoid losing my user presets?)

I'm running a 2018 Intel i9 with up-to-date OS 10.15.7.  I don't dare upgrade beyond Catalina yet.  Many of my daily music apps would break.

Here is what appears to be the relevant portion of the typical Jup-8 V4 crash report:

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        5  com.apple.audio.IOThread.client

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [1019]

To the best of my knowledge, this suggests that the standalone is trying to access a protected memory location, and SIP isn't letting it, hence the segfault 11 and resultant crash.

Any thoughts?

Tim

LBH

Re: Jup-8 V4 Standalone App Crashes Every Time
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 04:34:35 pm »
Hello,

You don't use your user presets doing this. However - sometimes things go wrong with everything, so it's allways a good idea to create backups.

Sometimes it make a difference, if you download the seperate installer and install the application using that.

I'm not aware there should be an issue like this with Jup-8 V4.

I'm on Windows, so this is what i can contribute with.

You can contact Arturia support thru your account, if you need to.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Jup-8 V4 Standalone App Crashes Every Time
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 04:36:09 pm »
I'm a Mac user but I can't reproduce this error because I'm using MacOS 12
If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix it, I'd recommend raising this directly with Arturia themselves seeing this seems unique to your setup.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines