March 29, 2024, 09:25:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Update Won't Install  (Read 428 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Update Won't Install
« on: November 29, 2022, 08:37:58 pm »
So after several months I decided to open ASC to see if there's any updates. There are.
I first tried to install MCC, but it tells me that the installer doesn't support my OS.
Yes. I'm running Win 7 64-bit Pro. That's what this machine is. Win 8.1 was new when I built this machine. It's not made to run Win 10.
I can't afford a new computer. I'm on a fixed income, on the low side of poverty. THIS computer works just fine, aside from annoying issues like this. You wanna buy me a new computer with Win 10? Sweet! But no, that ain't gonna happen.
The only hardware that I have that could need an MCC update is my KeyStep Pro. For which a firmware update is LONG overdue. So what? Now I won't be able to update firmware?
Seriously tho. What the heck does MCC do or need that makes it such that you can't support Win 7 anymore?
Thankfully the instrument updates are installing fine. Otherwise I'd REALLY be pissed off.
This space left intentionally blank.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Update Won't Install
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 01:57:24 pm »
Come on...
Windows 7 was launched in 2009. That's 13 years ago, nearly 14.
Each of us are all just one bad decision away from living in the gutter next week, so heck I'm not being judgemental, but just how long are mfrs expected to make their software compatible with obsolete OS's?

As a dev (no, I'm not an Arturia dev), sometimes obsoleting old hardware and OS's is a matter of wanting to streamline your code to make it more efficient for the majority of users running newer OS's and newer hardware. Sometimes it's just a hard decision you have to make otherwise you can't ever improve because of having to drag-along users running your software on some steam-powered antique in a cave.

I don't really have an answer if your circumstances dictate that you can't currently upgrade, and like I said but I'll say again to stress the point: absolutely no judgement from me. But you can't blame Arturia for it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines