March 28, 2024, 10:11:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No relative encoders. MCC not working on Win 8.1. Facepalm  (Read 1270 times)

justsomeone

• Apprentice
No relative encoders. MCC not working on Win 8.1. Facepalm
« on: November 29, 2022, 01:37:07 am »
Wow man. I just had a really frustrating day with this thing. I've spent about 7 hours trying everything to get the MCC software and drivers to work on Windows 8.1 (it still doesn't). I finally managed to connect the Minilab 3 to MCC by running windows 10 in a Virtual Machine. The "Win 7+" editions of the software are a complete failure.  Moreover the win7+ version contains a windows 10 verison of the driver which causes it to be unable to install

When I finally got MCC working in virtual machine I was very happy after 8 hours of trying everything. However big disappointment set in because the "endless encoders" (which I bought this device for) are not actually endless. I can't even set them to Relative mode. What the hell is the point of having endless knobs if you can't set them to relative mode?????? I just want to know this

I'm switching tracks but I  just bought a device with endless knobs that behave like 0-127. I regret everything. It makes me want to pull my hair out

Arturia sent all these devices to those Youtube channels to shill them hard, praising the infinite knobs. Yeah it has nice keys but what can I say. They all are quiet about the abysmal MCC. A monkey could code it better -- heck  it's not even coding when you fail to compile a working package for a midi driver.

justsomeone

• Apprentice
Re: No relative encoders. MCC not working on Win 8.1. Facepalm
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 09:12:46 am »
Alright I found a solution in the most occult corners of the internet. I'm sharing it here for the unfortunate souls who desperately need Relative. You need a paid software, it's the only solution I could find ...

https://www.bome.com/forums/3/11149/prevent-value-jumping-by-translating-absolute-midi-cc-into-relative-1+1-values/

Use the script "From-Old-Forum-Absolute to Relative MIDI CC-fixed-2017-08-22.bmtp"

it worked for me and I was able to turn a knob into a relative one that didn't jump when changing tracks.  But besides this I've also discovered that the faders jitter extremely bad

Earthgate

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 04:16:25 pm »
This is a deal breaker for me - is this still not sorted out?

lastRobin

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 05:38:54 pm »
The last firmware was released on Sep, so “endless” encoders still doesn’t support relative mode.
Quite annoying.

pmumble

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 05:07:08 pm »
I wondered about this too. What IS the point of them being endless if they only send 0-127?  ???

styles01

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 05:49:40 am »
does arturia monitor this?
what's up with the encoders - why hasn't endless mode been added to "endless" encoders. If they are absolute knobs why don't they have beginning and ends? They implemented them backwards!!!

stripealipe

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 03:53:38 pm »
Hmm, only just got mine. Totally assumed the endless encoders would actually be endless... not happy if this can't be sorted out tbh.
Anyone have any news?

styles01

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 04:05:11 pm »
I got a direct email from Arturia devs that said yes this is a known issue and is fixed with the next firmware update. But of course no date on when it’s coming out.

thejmkmusic

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 07:29:57 pm »
I made a tutorial video explaining how to set up relative knobs. You change the values in the Midi Control Center. From minimum value 63 to maximum value 65 (instead of 0 and 127). That way, Cubase and other software may think they're dealing with a relative knob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QajoQB0AiM&t=83s

stripealipe

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 09:10:59 pm »
Wow... while we wait for the actual makers to come up with a solution, you do it all by yourself. Thank you for this, this has just made my life making noise on the go way way way way nicer using this cool, albeit sometime annoying little controller... you sir are a dude. Nice 1 for sharing..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines