April 24, 2024, 04:33:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sold my minilab MKII and bought a Minilab 3...lost my analog lab v license?  (Read 1409 times)

iblastoff

I originally had a minilab MKII but decided to upgrade to the minilab 3 which i just got today.

I had unregistered the minilab MKII so i can sell it. I didn't realize i would ALSO lose my analog lab V license (because i used the upgrade option from the lite version included with minilab MKII).

So in order to get Analog Lab V back (which i already paid for), i now have to pay for the upgrade again?? wtf?

so what happens if i 'upgrade' from the analog lab lite version included with my new minilab 3 to analog lab 5? and then used that to cross-upgrade to the full V collection? would that mean i'd lose all software if i ever sold the minilab 3?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 07:13:04 pm by iblastoff »

LBH

Hello,

That's one problem with deals tied to a product and perhaps the way the market is.
I will assume it's like this.

If you allready have sold your old Minilab and ALV was tied to that, then the new owner have your Analog V license and can allready use it, if the product has been registred.
If you have'nt sold the product and still can registrer your old Minilab, then ask Arturia if it's possible to tranfer the full Analog Lab V license to your new Minilab 3 product?
The new owner of your old controller also should have a possiblity for a deal, if the deal product does'nt follow the trade.
I'm not sure, if it's technically possible for Arturia to do this, but you have to ask Arturia support through your account.
However - if you sell a product, then you also should get paid for the upgrade deal, and then you probably get a new deal for your new Controller and use the extra money you get in the deal to buy that.

What did you exspect to happen? If you did'nt buy a new controller, then what? Should you have a cheap ALV and a new deal owning your new controller and your ALV? Can you see the problem?
So yes if you sell your Minilab 3, then the software is tied to the product. Otherwise you could just buy a controller to get the software for free, and then sell the controller to someone else that would not get the software. Or do you exspect Arturia give any new owners free software and new deals based on the same product?
If you can transfer software, then it would be a upgraded software and to a new product or if the upgraded software is'nt tied to the product you sell.

I don't have a Arturia controller and got a deal tied to such. But i assume ALV was inside the product you unregistred on your account.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 08:00:37 pm by LBH »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
LBH is right.
The hardware + the software licence are one unit.
You paid to upgrade the licence. But you revoked the right to use the licence when you sold the hardware.
Had you bought a completely new Analog Lab licence, then yes of course you could keep it.
But you didn't.

To answer the other part of your question, crossgrading to essentially a new product such as V Collection would give you a new licence to keep, it is not the same as upgrading an existing licence. So you would not lose it if you sell your current hardware.

I first got into Arturia gear by bidding on a used KeyLab 25 on eBay many years ago, listed by a seller who specifically said he was keeping the Analog Lab licence. I msg'd him and told him he couldn't do that. He replied, "I bought it, I can do whatever I want." I won the auction, sent Arturia proof of ownership (photo of the serial number label on the unit) and they immediately unregistered the licence from the seller's account, allowing me to create my own account and register it. A week-or-so went by and then one day I got this wonderfully 'colourful' msg from the seller, full of obscenities. I just replied back with the immortal words: "I bought it, I can do whatever I want."
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines