April 19, 2024, 06:33:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi local off display  (Read 866 times)

webhamster

• Apprentice
Midi local off display
« on: November 26, 2022, 08:58:18 am »
I wonder if I'm missing something when using local off mode.

Connecting to my DAW I obviously want to set MiniFreak to local off. All works fine, midi is looped back from my DAW. The only issue is that the display is no longer updated. So changing for example the filter freq knob works fine, but doesn't show on the display.

It means that currently I have to go back and forth between local on/off when playing and/or editing. Anyone else ran into this?

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Midi local off display
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 09:13:54 am »
Hello webhamster,
Yes we choose not to display anything when in Local Off to avoid a screen fireworks show.
This option is also wanted but other users, and it is under discussion.
Also note, that, when available (soon), the MiniFreak V will allow you to control the MiniFreak without the need for local off and MIDI cc.
This will give you a better workflow and visual feedback.
Stay tuned!
QA Technician

chimp_spanner

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 03:43:56 am »
Yeah I just ran into this myself. I definitely want the Minifreak front and centre as my sound design synth, but that also puts it where my controller should be. So I've been wrestling with how best to do it. V sounds like it will be the answer, so I'll just wait!

yaegassy

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 02:24:21 pm »
Hi, Matthieu_Arturia.

Regarding the display not reflecting when local control is off, have you made any progress since then?

It is unfortunate that some knobs (LFO, Effect and etc...) seem to be reflected in the display but not the main knobs (Wave, Timble, Shape, Envelope, Cycling Envelope, Filter and etc...).

Especially for rotary type knobs, I cannot tell how far I have moved the knob.

I would like to see an on/off setting added to the Utility menu to determine whether or not the display will reflect this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines