March 29, 2024, 05:30:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Running pigments through Komplete kontrol – Pigments could not be loaded  (Read 2365 times)

lister110

• Apprentice
Hi, i'm getting this error while in ableton Live 11, running on Macbook Pro M1

Komplete 2.8.0
Pigments 3.7.1

opening up Komplete Kontrol..
Pigments could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple
Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration.
Please contact the plug-in manufacturer

thanks

Rob

lister110

• Apprentice
Re: Running pigments through Komplete kontrol – Pigments could not be loaded
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 05:09:28 pm »
Thanks for this. Though I’m more confused. I have the latest pigments and komplete control and Mac M1 with ableton. Can I get pigments to run inside komplete?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 08:59:45 pm »
I must understand you are'nt on Ventura: But if you are, then is Arturias info about that: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/6254040190108-Compatibility-with-macOS-Ventura
Here you can see Artuias M compatibility: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4414972951570-Compatibility-with-M1-processors

FYI: This is'nt Arturia support. I'm a user.

At least if you are not on Ventura, then taking the available informations into account, then the problem is'nt to run Pigments.
The problem is that you can't use NKS files, if you want to run the NKS files that you have for Arturias products in M1 Native mode because as they point at Arturias VST2 versions and NI have decided not to support VST2 for native mode, even if it look like it's technically possible.

I'm on Windows.

Can I get pigments to run inside komplete?
Yes. NI support sites provide solutions. One is under the headline SOLUTION down the page in this link i posted: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/6178238907421-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-MASCHINE-Error-Product-could-not-be-loaded-as-it-may-not-support-Apple-Silicon-or-VST2-to-VST3-migration-
Are you confused about that?
It's about running Rosetta mode.
NI still have products, that can't run in Native mode. That include Reaktor. So at the time being have to run in Rosetta mode to use those products anyway - as far as i can tell.

Keep in mind that it's only Steinberg and NI that have chosen not to support VST2 running Apple Silicon in native mode, even if it's technically possible.
But even in Native mode i understand you should be able to open Pigments VST3 inside Komplete Kontrol through the top menu.
Then you can select presets in the loaded application. And i assume, you then also can save NKS files, yourself that can be used afterwards.
Steinberg has the VST format and NI the NKS format. It's not open like ie the new CLAP format is.

If there was and is a Komplete Kontrol version that support M1 in Native mode that use VST2 plugins, then  you also should be able to use Pigments NKS as it is.

I'm not sure what to exspect and what's fair to claim from vendors like Arturia. Untill recently NI did'nt even support VST3.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 09:06:49 pm by LBH »

killimply

Very detailed answer. It has been of great help to me.

billcarroll

Pigments is M1 native, so you can load the plugin through Komplete Kontrol. No problem. However, you can't load the plugin through browsing presets, which apparently are vst2 presets.

Load the plugin first in Komplete Kontrol and you'll be fine.

romeroc

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2023, 09:32:49 pm »
Not trying to be smart, but that is not really a great answer. This defeats the purpose of being able to browse the plugins and load them.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines