April 19, 2024, 01:10:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sync settings not sticking  (Read 532 times)

SoundChances

Sync settings not sticking
« on: November 28, 2022, 05:52:23 am »
Sync setting set to MIDI will sometimes stop responding to MIDI clock and start using internal clock. It seems random, I have not noticed a pattern or possible causes.
Changing the sync setting and then setting it back to MIDI brings it back in line for a while.

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Sync settings not sticking
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 09:01:13 am »
Hello SoundChances,
I'm sorry to hear that.
Can you give me more info on this please?
- Setup
- clock settings
- From a DAW?
- Firmware version?
Thanks in advance
QA Technician

SoundChances

Re: Sync settings not sticking
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 01:42:44 pm »
Firmware version: 1.0.0.915
Sync Source is set to MIDI, clock signal is coming from an MPC One, no DAW involved.

It hasn't stopped responding to MIDI clock this morning, but now with sync set to MIDI, it's behaving as if sync is set to auto and generating it's own clock when it doesn't receive a clock signal. Last night it was behaving as if sync was getting switched to local and ignoring MIDI clock all together.

It's also outputting a MIDI clock even when it receives clock which I don't think it should do. (The MicroFreak does this as well and I've been filtering it out all this time to prevent multiple clocks across the MIDI bus)

I went thru the manual to make sure I wasn't missing something and noticed the "MIDI Seq/Synth" setting as well as "Transport Receive" do not exist on my machine.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 01:47:16 pm by SoundChances »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines