March 28, 2024, 09:36:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARP 2600 V missing all presets [solved, with solution]  (Read 1838 times)

sabowman

ARP 2600 V missing all presets [solved, with solution]
« on: November 15, 2022, 07:46:06 pm »
ARP 2600 V is missing all it's presets despite a reinstall on Mac OS 12.6 (Monterey) on a Mac mini M1. Using Logic Pro 10.7.5 as my DAW.

Presets for other synths still there. It seems to have lost the directory to look at /point at.

Any suggestions, this happened after the recent update, was working just fine prior.

Steve
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 11:25:40 pm by sabowman »

sabowman

Re: ARP 2600 V missing all presets
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 11:24:14 pm »
SOLVED
You delete all files starting with "db.db3" in the below folder.

Windows : C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets\
OS X : /Library/Arturia/Presets/

Restarted, presets all back. It was a corrupted DB apparently.

S.

Tachymetre

Re: ARP 2600 V missing all presets [solved, with solution]
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 02:45:55 am »
Hi Steve - wondering of you can help me as I am having the same problem. I'm using exactly the same Mac and OS version as you. 

I'm aware that you need to delete the db.db3 file and then restart, however
- I cannot find the db.db3 file
- I don't see a folder titled Arturia in my Library
- I do see the following folder Library\Audio\Presets\Arturia - but no db.db3 file
- I have unhidden all folders and just can't find this mysterious troublesome file.

Did you have the same problems and any suggestions?

Cheers, Richard

Tachymetre

Re: ARP 2600 V missing all presets [solved, with solution]
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 03:46:18 am »
Since posting, I managed to find the file and delete it. I was looking at the Library folder under my user name and not the Library folder under the root Macintosh directory. 

However, although it worked when I restarted my DAW (Logic pro X) and I was able to see the presets again, it was only temporary (ie.a few seconds) and then the presets disappeared once more.

So, I decided to delete every Arturia file on my Mac and restart the computer.

I downloaded the V Synth as a .pkg file direct from the Arturia website and not via the Arturia Software Centre (which had it’s own set of issues such as incomplete and failed downloads) and it’s now all working fine.

Moral of my experience:
- Like you, removing the db.db3 file solves the empty presets folder issue - just locating it for me was a bit of a pain
- I have found the Arturia Software Centre to create more issues than solve, hence have decided to download all my Arturia software as .pkg files direct from the website

Hope this helps anyone else.

Richard 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines