April 19, 2024, 11:49:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AudioFuse Studio output routing possibilities...  (Read 1353 times)

Rolando

• Apprentice
AudioFuse Studio output routing possibilities...
« on: November 12, 2022, 11:59:07 pm »
Hi folks,
I'm considering to buy a AudioFuse Studio but want some clarification first about the "output routing" possibilities - respectively whether my plan would be doable or not?
I did search the manual, the forum and looked on google but could not find a satisfying answer. ??? So thanks for any help.

The initial situation is as follows:
I play keyboards and synths through a DAW (Ableton) in a band and want to know if the following setup would be feasible with the AudioFuse Studio?

Can I use the outputs like this - all together?

- Output Speakers A [Stereo] (audience output)
    -> DAW stereo output to the main mixer/PA
- Output Speakers B [Stereo] (my personal monitoring)
    -> DAW stereo output to a stereo pair of active speakers
- Output Aux Out L [Mono] (for in-ear monitoring band members)
    -> A separate "click track" mono output to the main mixer
- Output Aux Out R [Mono] (for in-ear monitoring band members)
    -> A separate "band cues track" to the main mixer

My questions:
Would this be feasible like this with the AudioFuse Studio?
If so, can I control the volumes of Speakers A and Speakers B directly on the AudioFuse Studio... (by switching between A and B - so independent from each other)?
I think I will need to set the volumes for the aux outputs (L and R) either in the DAW or in the Audio Fuse software? Right? (No way to control them from AudioFuse Studio?)
...how many selectable outputs are shown in a DAW like Ableton?

I would be very grateful if an actual owner could give me some reliable feedback on this.
Many thanks and kind regards.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 02:56:15 am by Rolando »

Rolando

• Apprentice
Re: AudioFuse Studio output routing possibilities...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 01:34:46 pm »
Ok, after some more youtube videos and reading the manual for another time, I've come a bit further on my research... :)

In the manual (1.4.10) I found the option to setup the "Phones 2" to control the "Speaker B".
That gives the ability to route the second headphone output signal to the Speaker B output, which allows the independent volume control of Speaker Output A (via the Master Volume knob) and Speaker Output B (via the Phones 2 Level knob) and having both speaker outputs A+B playing audio simultaneously.

So that should solve my first two requirements:
- Output Speakers A (audience/PA output) with separate volume control [Master knob]
- Output Speakers B (my personal monitoring) with separate volume control [Phones 2 Level knob]
>> Well I can't test it, but at least to me it sounds like this should work, right?

Then I found out, that USB input and output channel numbers differ, depending on the selected sampling rate.
(48kHz In:20 Out:18, 96kHz In:18 Out:18, 192kHz In:10 Out:10)
So there should be more than enough USB outputs (at least 10) available in the DAW to map the other two desired outputs (The "mono click track" and "mono band cues track") to the AUX L and R outputs - if I have understood correctly.

In the manual (2.4.3.1. Analog Outputs) it says: "The source for each set of Analog Outputs can be selected".
And in the displayed table underneath - the USB inputs are a valid option for the outputs "AUX L and R"...
Therefore I assume, that it should be possible to assign the "click" and "band cue" tracks in my DAW (Ableton) to some USB outs of the AudioFuse Studio (e.g. Click to "USB 9", Band Cues to "USB 10") and then route them in the AudioFuse Control Center (AFCC) to the "AUX L and R" outputs.
(Manual: "The USB inputs for the Aux channels are the ones routed to them via the DAW...")

So that should also solve my other two requirements:
- Output Aux Out L [Mono "Click track"] (for in-ear monitoring (band members) to the mixer)
- Output Aux Out R [Mono "Band cues track"] (for in-ear monitoring (band members) to the mixer)
>> I can not test that either, because I don't have the device (yet  ;D ) but it would be nice, if some actual owner could give me some reliable feedback respectively a confirmation of this.

(Ok, I can probably only control the volume for the AUXs in the DAW here... but I might still MIDI-map them to a fader of my keyboard or some externel controller later/if needed. And I'll lose the second phones out... but that would be okay for me.)

Do I understand correctly that this all should work?

Thanks for a feedback from a "more" experienced user, respectively from someone who actually owns the device.!  ;)
Many thanks and kind regards.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 03:53:24 pm by Rolando »

Rolando

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 12:47:54 pm »
...really no owners here?  ???
Or someone who knows the device well enough and can answer my question?
A short confirmation would be enough for me. ;)
Thanks...

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 01:55:34 pm »
I'd love to help but I' not an Audio Fuse Studio user.
Looking through the manual your suggestion does sound feasible.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Rolando

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 04:42:09 pm »
Yes, a sign of life. :D

Thank you very much for your feedback and reply.

I am already glad that someone shares my view on this.
Respectively that you think it should be feasible too. :)
Then it's probably not just me who imagines that this should work.

Thank you MajorFubar for your "mental support"  :D

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 01:37:11 pm »
Hello Rolando !

Sorry, our forum is not very used a lot. We're working on a new one that will be available soon, and we hope that users will like and use it more.

Concerning your question, I'm not myself an AF Studio user, but I've worked a lot on the project before the release, I don't remember everything but the device features seems to match your requirements.
I think you've totally understand the device reading the manual (and I have to say, I'm impressed).

Last thing you should know, it's hard to find an AudioFuse theses days, because of the component crisis.
Finding one it hard but possible, in any case, we will have more of them early 2023. 

Cheers :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines