April 24, 2024, 07:56:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: minifreak V - software or hardware  (Read 822 times)

Randy Doyle

minifreak V - software or hardware
« on: December 01, 2022, 03:33:06 pm »
I am confused about the Arturia webpage concerning minifreak V.  The webpage description of minifreak V alternates between hardware and software.  Am I correct in assuming that it is the VST software that is for sale for $600 USD?  It seems cheap for the hardware or very expensive for the software.
Thanks

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: minifreak V - software or hardware
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 05:44:18 pm »
You get both the hardware and software as a 'bundle'. The software is not available separately.

The soft and hard -ware is tightly integrated and belong together, even though both works just fine without the other.

Odregos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 06:28:58 pm »
Thanks for the clarification!

John_D

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 09:35:58 pm »
You get both the hardware and software as a 'bundle'. The software is not available separately.

The soft and hard -ware is tightly integrated and belong together, even though both works just fine without the other.

Generally agreed, though the usual means of updating Arturia hardware (Midi Control Center) does not recognize - and therefore cannot update - MiniFreak. So if you want the bugfixes and new features of FW 1.1, you must install MiniFreak V. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

John_D

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 10:04:51 pm »
I have to say the virtual instrument is VERY VERY similar to the hardware. I left local control on while using MiniFreak to control MiniFreak V, and had sound coming from my PC (generated by MiniFreak V) and from my keyboard amp (generated by Minifreak). All the sounds were identical to my ear, but I thought I could hear a difference when I used the bandpass analog filter at some very specific settings, as i swept around.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines