March 28, 2024, 10:53:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Maschine NKS update ?  (Read 3194 times)

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Maschine NKS update ?
« on: November 09, 2022, 09:31:27 am »
Maschine supports M1 now. VST3 with Arturia works BUT... NKS-Support does not work any more.

QUOTE from Native-Site:
"For some plug-in manufacturers, like Arturia for example, the plug-ins are compatible but the NKS files need updating, so you will get this error message when loading the plug-ins from the browser. If you load them from the drop down menu, they will load without a problem."

Is there any chance to change this? Thanks a lot for feedback.

(There must be many people out there with this experience...)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 01:19:49 pm by winihh »

A.P.

Re: Maschine NKS update ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 02:38:33 am »
Same issue here. The database file for NKS has to be updated.

HV

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 01:20:33 am »
Maschine and Komplete Kontrol still are giving me the same error as the OP, even after the latest update that was supposed to fix NKS errors.

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 01:07:34 pm »

I remember something... with NKS... I had issues and had to reactivate NKS by deleting something somewhere...

I will try the update and NKS with Maschine later today and give feedback

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 02:34:01 pm »
OK

Did the update. All Artura Plugins where rescanned.

Tried to reset the Library as followes: https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004515797-Missing-Libraries-in-the-Komplete-Kontrol-Browser

Does not work. Should it work?

DXNNYDXN

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 07:21:32 pm »
will arturia be updating this with vst2 to vst3 migration anytime soon for apple silicon?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 07:23:37 pm by DXNNYDXN »

LBH

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 08:24:01 pm »
I believe it will depend on a number of things, if and when Arturia will be able to do this migration.

Perhaps someone can get some kind of use of the informations i've been giving in reply #3 in this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=110474.0#msg193716

teerio

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 02:01:16 pm »
Hello,

I thought this could be insightful for other Komplete Kontrol users out here:

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience.

Indeed, Native Instruments just released a new version of Maschine and Komplete Kontrol which adds Apple Silicon support, unfortunately, they’ve also stopped supporting VST2s with this new version.

On their release notes they explain: "ADDED - Support for VST3 migration: Opening a project that contains VST2s should automatically migrate to VST3 instances whilst preserving parameter settings. This feature is available for plug-ins that have added VST3 migration support”

Unfortunately, this migration option doesn't work with Arturia plugins for now.

I'm very sorry for that.

As a workaround, you can select your instruments by clicking on the "+"  although I understand you would prefer to use the browser, this is only momentary.

> https://arturiahelp.zendesk.com/attachments/token/7tSiGYzKqop2V4oPMroV0tauf/?name=ZXgMfMf6UlIaBS1lkrtwIJOfp.png

We are working as we speak to make this possible very soon, but for now, using Rosetta mode seems to be the only option for older sessions.

We have logged this issue with our Dev Team and we hope to be able to fix this in the forthcoming update / hotfix.

I have also linked your ticket to the parent case to raise the priority of this implementation and you will be notified as soon as the issue is fixed or once we have a solution available.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this temporary inconvenience.

I stay at your disposal if you still have any further questions.

Kind regards
Arturia Support

teerio

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2022, 02:40:52 pm »
In case somebody else wants to fallback to 2.7.2 version of Komplete Kontrol, here's a link for the installer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UwOBWKW0tR5KaPpXisscO8MtobkfFDom/view?usp=share_link

-T

mailtexas

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023, 08:02:30 pm »
Thank you for posting the link.  It fixed all my issues.

phbardyn

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2023, 09:11:34 pm »
Already two months and still nothing. Ticket opened at support telling they are working on it but without any ETA … and sorry the Rosetta shortcut is not acceptable anymore after almost 3 years of M1 existence .. the only thing I could imagine is that NI did not informed their NKS partners and they have to start as of day 1 of public release of Komplete VST3/NKS

If yes , I do not call that partnership mindset

In the meantime using all other stuff in my Komplete but no more Arturia collection or’FX … ( perhaps this is the hidden agenda of NI )

ufoesp

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2023, 03:43:20 pm »
So, this problem with the nks presets only pointing to VST2s and NI making Komplete Kontrol only support VST3s if you want to run native apple silicon is something I was sure Arturia would fix in the latest (2983) update, but it was not.

Two months and change should be enough to fix the preset files.  If Arturia are no longer interested in supporting NKS then they need to remove all claims that it's supported from all promotional materials.  If Arturia claims to support Apple Silicon and NKS, which they do, then the reasonable conclusion on the part of users is that NKS is supported on Apple Silicon.  Thousands of users including myself are now not getting what Arturia falsely claims to deliver.  Not a good look.

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2023, 08:55:35 am »
Really?

I expected Arturia to update this one... But: It is not easy to cope with software – and we had change of years and people are off for holidays...

It would be very good to have further updates about this topic from Arturia staff in this forum.

phbardyn

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2023, 09:45:22 pm »
As said previously, i opened a ticket at support and the answer was quiet laconic : we are working on it , no ETA , in the meantime use Rosetta

This week there was an update of Pigment which release notes stated NKS compatible ( also quiet laconic ) … but after update pigment is not even showing up in Komplete

And finally purchased yesterday Minifreak VST … I see it Komplete …but bam not working either

This becomes a joke !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines