April 25, 2024, 02:07:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab V Error Message, No GUI  (Read 1880 times)

johna

• Apprentice
Analog Lab V Error Message, No GUI
« on: November 07, 2022, 04:00:59 am »
Any idea what causes this error, and how to resolve it?  I now can't run Analog Lab V.

Background: Mac Catalina.
  • I'd updated Analog V, and got the dreaded "instrument version does not match its resources version" message.
  • Clean prefs, uninstalled/reinstalled several times, deleted the Analog V component and app files, re-installed again. 
  • Tried a system restart.
  • My install folder is on an external drive with an alias on my main drive, but that's never been an issue. It's correctly set in Software Center, and the component file installs as expected on the system drive.
  • Here is the line in the "Analog Lab V_gui.xml" file that's causing it to bomb:   <string name="IMG_FADER_CURSOR" value="IMG_BMP_PATH/FaderCursor.png"/>
  • I searched for the referenced FaderCursor.png, it's not on the file system.

Any clues would be appreciated.  Thanks! -John

johna

• Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab V Error Message, No GUI
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 04:39:39 am »
Problem solved!  It was related to the removable disk after all, and how MacOS grants access.

Solution: Apple logo -> System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Full Disk Access

Unlock the panel and add Arturia Software Center.app and Analog Lab V.app to the "Allow" list.  All good now!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 10:31:14 am »
This is why I have always discouraged installing plugins on anything except the main drive, PC or Mac.
It's always a smoother experience just installing them on the main internal drive.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

johna

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 11:54:37 pm »
This is why I have always discouraged installing plugins on anything except the main drive, PC or Mac.
It's always a smoother experience just installing them on the main internal drive.

Wise words indeed!  :)

The actual component files are on the main drive, but the resources are on the external behind an alias from the main drive, due to space constraints.  Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines