March 29, 2024, 07:53:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab 3 mapping issue with Live 11  (Read 2762 times)

raghav

Minilab 3 mapping issue with Live 11
« on: November 05, 2022, 09:17:23 am »
Hi,
Its my first time using a MIDI controller and as I had seen in the videos, minilab3 should have come out of the box with Abelton Live controls in DAW mode. Here I am not able to use any of such feature in the DAW mode.
The encoder is not switching between scenes and tracks. Shift + Drumpad control is as well simply registering a MIDI signal in Ableton Live 11 instead of any transport control.

System - Macbook Pro with M1 chip. OS - 12(Montrey)
Kindly suggest what can be done here.

Thanks!!

tovax

Re: Minilab 3 mapping issue with Live 11
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 11:35:46 pm »
got the same problem, to the point i'm thinking of sending minialab back... no instructions and arturia's tutorials completely not helpful, on tutorial it just looks as plug and play but surely it is not that easy, my knobs dont work etc

codekiln

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 03:31:02 am »
It's working for me - did you follow the instructions here, including the PDF? https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/6283884020508-MiniLab-3-DAW-Integration

Eth

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 01:03:03 am »
SOLUTION POSSIBLY FOUND:

Go to your Ableton midi control settings and enable "show link toggle." Then, in the top left of your screen, and click the link button; make sure the link button (next to your tempo and tap button) is orange (enabled). This fixed the issue for me. This was not shown in the tutorial, as I assume the link is enabled by default, however I (I assume, like many others) accidentally disabled it when I first got Ableton and was messing around with it.

kirb

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 03:59:25 am »
Pretty frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a solution for this.  Enabling "Link" doesn't do anything for me.

kirb

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 10:16:46 pm »
My issue apparently was not putting the device in DAW mode, a step that is totally unmentioned in the video, and quite easy to pass over in the integration script (tacked on after "Connect your Minilab 3..."), especially if you first watched the video and are focusing now on the troubleshooting section.

I also installed Midi Control Center for the USB driver in the process, so that may be worth doing too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines