April 18, 2024, 02:29:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: VST2 to VST3 Migration Apple Silicon  (Read 1466 times)

djapnrcpro@gmail.com

VST2 to VST3 Migration Apple Silicon
« on: November 01, 2022, 03:48:37 pm »
Now that Native Instruments updated Komplete Kontrol and Maschine we need VST2 to VST3 Migration for Apple Silicon.
Anyone know the timeline?

stygmate

• Apprentice
Re: VST2 to VST3 Migration Apple Silicon
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 11:46:28 am »
Same here ! Can anybody from the Arturia's crew inform us of the status of this issue ?

linusgiertta

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 09:47:16 am »
+1

mailtexas

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 05:01:10 am »
I am having the same problem.  From the little I understand, V Collection 8.2 and up are m1 compatible and I see vst3 plug ins in their folder.  I don't know why I am having the issue.

stygmate

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 11:38:26 am »
Hi, the problem is that Arturia presets you see in the Maschine browser are vst2 presets, but Apple silicon version of Maschine can only load vst3 plugins. The function that permit load of vst2 presets in vst3 plugins is not implemented in Arturia's plugins (the famous "vst2 to vst3 migration" function). Now, Arturia have to implement this function in their plugins.

haoleman

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 10:13:38 am »
NKS is one of the main reasons I purchased the Belladonne for my recently purchased NI KKS-88 for Black Friday.
After install from included SSD disappointing that each instrument had to be done individually. (almost 2 hours)  at least updates now are all together thru Arturia software app.

I updated Komplete Kontrol app to latest version as I have a M1 mac mini
(Probably a mistake ?)
I had to switch to rosetta on Logic Pro and Komplete Kontrol and asst. Arturia instruments and I still can't load half the instruments from the keyboard browser. (Augmented strings and voices, Piano V5, and more)

after some research I learned I can do it in the Komplete Kontrol pull down menu >intruments>artuia>augmented strings, and I do now get mapping to the keyboard, but as simple as clicking on the preset up or down kicks me out of the Augmented string Instrument I'm in and start going thru every preset on every instrument I just want to check out presets on Augmented Strings.

I've tried rescanning and it sees the plugins and VST3's but won't show up unless from pull down menu in Komplete Kontrol.

It is sad to see no response from Arturia since October ?

Hope this will be resolved or at least responded to, as I seem like I'm clicking more on the screen and less on the NKS keyboard than I though I would with this whole NKS standard.
Should I roll back to an older  Komplete Kontrol  before the Apple Silicon updated one ?  or just wait for some word about this  from Arturia ?

Thanks in advance,,
Jay

LBH

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 03:49:06 pm »
Hello,

Perhaps have a look at this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=110397.0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines