April 20, 2024, 10:09:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Morphee Z axis has no effect  (Read 977 times)

xigon

• Apprentice
Morphee Z axis has no effect
« on: November 01, 2022, 12:12:04 am »
I cannot seem to have any results when using the z axis on the morphee.  i have the morphee in matrix mode and am assigning several modulators in the matrix at varying amounts that should absolutely have an effect on the sound but nothing.  The z axis is definitely transmitting CC data as I can see controller 89 activity in logic when i press it.  If I assign the same modulator and amount to the y or z axis's I instantly hear the result.  I did get the z axis to work on 1 patch but now it no longer does.  Is there something I'm missing here?

StudioDeutz

Re: Morphee Z axis has no effect
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 05:13:57 pm »
If it usually works with presets it must be a tiny issue I guess.
- My first thought was: "Where did xigon assigne it at, on sound A or B?"
The wonderful thing is, that you can assign a Morph option to one sound with e.g. 50% the other will stay on 0%. (or another free +/- value if assigned)
- Try turning the Morph button to A and B and report back. It is difficult to give a remote support....

xigon

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 06:40:01 pm »
Hey, thanks for the input.  I'm aware of the A/B morph functionality but I've ruled that out completely while switching back between both.  Also there is no Z axis animation on the PB screen when a modulator is assigned to it.  In my case the Z axis is not working with presets at all.  X and Y are fine.  When I edit a preset and assign Z there is no effect.  If I do the same on Y or X I can hear it immediately.  On one patch I was working with it suddenly started working after tweaking it but now it doesn't any more.  Also I'm aware that I need to set the morphee button to matrix in order to assign modulators.  I think this is some kind of firmware issue.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 04:29:11 am by xigon »

xigon

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 06:56:10 pm »
Oh this is very interesting!

So I'm using my PB as a controller with logic.  For all my hardware synths I use the "external instrument" plugin, which combines a midi instrument with an aux input essentially to control and monitor the device.  I've never had any issues with it before and it's pretty straight forward.  I'm not using the PBC plugin because I will need to also open an aux input to hear the PB and I don't need any librarian functionality right now.  Well on a whim, I just instantiated the PBC plugin and boom.... Z axis works.  I've tried this a few times now and here's what I'm seeing:
  • open the standard external instrument plugin and select PB OR simply open a patch without being connected to USB and having local MIDI ON
  • set up Z axis modulation (in my case the mixer noise level) and set the mod amount to 100%
  • playing sounds and pressing Z axis has no effect (on A or B). Logic is seeing a stream of input CC data on 89 yet the onscreen animation for pressing the Z axis does not happen on the PB.
  • while the patch is still loaded instantiate the PBC plugin and open an aux input to monitor it
  • press Z axis

instantly I hear the modulation! If I revert to the standard external instrument plugin instead of PBC or go back to standalone, no modulation or animation on the screen for Z axis movement.

Very bizarre.  Ideally it shouldn't matter how I'm triggering the PB but I'm seeing all kinds of strange behavior that looks to be firmware related. Especially stuck notes any time I play a note and then it's lower octave! (when used as a controller with logic and local control is OFF of course) This happens 100% of the time and only with octaves. I've read several others complaining of this as well but it was supposed to be fixed in FW 2.0.0 (I'm using 2.0.0.747).  I've also had the issue of the PB crashing and PBC telling me the firmware was changed to 0.2.0 and having to reinstall 2.0.0.747.  I've only had the PB for 3 days now and I'm beginning to question it's stability.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 10:00:30 pm by xigon »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 12:47:02 pm »
That is strange indeed. The PB should be stable, mine has always run without any hickups, so there may be something with yours. Since you've flashed the latest firmware, there's little I can suggest apart from doing a a Factory Reset. If that does nothing, I think the best way forward is to open a support ticket with Arturia.

xigon

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 04:39:30 am »
I've opened a support ticket but in case anyone is curious or can confirm they see the same thing, here's a video of what I'm seeing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M96a3yN9184

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines