March 28, 2024, 09:57:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minifuse 4 - Monitor Level Control  (Read 1351 times)

sweegie

Minifuse 4 - Monitor Level Control
« on: October 30, 2022, 12:39:30 pm »
Hello everyone!

I have a quick question on the monitor level control on the Minifuse 4, and the best way to integrate this into a pair of monitors. Right now, I have a passive volume control sitting in between the monitors and the output of the PC, but i'm not sure if this will be needed anymore once I get the minifuse as the main output to the monitors.

Can anyone tell me if the monitor level control on these is analogue or digital, and if it's digital is it controllable via software / minifuse control centre? Is everyone else just plugging the minifuse direct into their monitors or is a separate control still advisable?

Cheers,

sweegie

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: Minifuse 4 - Monitor Level Control
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 09:31:16 am »
Hello Sweegie !

The MiniFuse4 allow both, one analogue monitor control using the big knob of the device, and a digital one controllable from the MFCC software.

Note that, if you want to use the digital one, you will need to disable the "Direct Monitoring" of the desired outputs.
This will activate the mixer and allow you to customize every signal path that you want to have in your mix. It also add an extra latency as it is not direct monitoring anymore, but this latency is so low that you will no be able to ear it.

I use the MiniFuse4 and I don't use external volume control. I mainly use the MF main knob because I've placed my MF just between my keyboard and screen.

Hope this helps !

Cheers !

Speldosa

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 04:38:57 am »
Hello Sweegie !

The MiniFuse4 allow both, one analogue monitor control using the big knob of the device, and a digital one controllable from the MFCC software.

Note that, if you want to use the digital one, you will need to disable the "Direct Monitoring" of the desired outputs.
This will activate the mixer and allow you to customize every signal path that you want to have in your mix. It also add an extra latency as it is not direct monitoring anymore, but this latency is so low that you will no be able to ear it.

I use the MiniFuse4 and I don't use external volume control. I mainly use the MF main knob because I've placed my MF just between my keyboard and screen.

Hope this helps !

Cheers !

So do you mean that in the latter mode, the volume won't be affected by you turning the knob on the MiniFuse? I'm confused  :-\

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 04:47:29 pm »
The main knob of the device will always control the volume, as it is an analogue control.

The digital volume control is done in the internal mixer of the MiniFuse, so if you bypass the mixer (using the direct monitor button), the digital volume control won't have any effect, but the big knob will still control the master volume.

So, you can have two volume control, one digital controllable from the software and an analogue controllable by the big knob
OR
Only one analogue volume control using the big knob if you use the direct monitor function.

Let me know if it's clear.
I recommand you to read the manual, as it will probably explain way better than me :)

Cheers!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines