April 25, 2024, 01:36:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniFuse 2 USB connection  (Read 874 times)

Timgurin

MiniFuse 2 USB connection
« on: January 08, 2023, 10:37:00 pm »
Hello,

the USB cable that comes with the MiniFuse is USB-C to USB-A cable, but my MacBook only has Type C ports. So should I buy an A-C adapter or another cable with C-C connectors? According to Arturia, third-party cables are not recommended and the supplied one is the best option. And may plugging with adapter cause any issues? So what is the best way to connect the MiniFuse for new Macs users with type C ports?

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: MiniFuse 2 USB connection
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 01:41:08 pm »
Hello Timgurin,

I personally think that the best option is a HUB. It allow using the original cable without adapters (I really don't like adapters because they are often really bad).
For MiniFuse 1 and 2 I would recommand a powered hub, to be sure that the MiniFuse is powered from it instead of the computer.
For MiniFuse 4, since it have an external power supply, a basic Hub without power would probably be sufficient.

I recommand to avoid too cheap hubs, there is definitely some brand that are stronger in this domain.
I personally like Belkin because I never had issues with them. But this is only my experience.

Note that, using an adapters will do the trick, so you can decide to go for this solution, even if I do not recommand it.

Cheers !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines