March 28, 2024, 11:08:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Control Center iOS  (Read 1184 times)

apocalypse2012@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
Midi Control Center iOS
« on: October 29, 2022, 08:26:14 pm »
Why is this not already a thing? Why do I need to be chained to a computer when my life is filled with mobile devices? Is it not obvious that placing these additional device controls on mobile devices goes alone way towards alleviating the disappointment of not controlling everything on-device?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Midi Control Center iOS
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 02:07:01 pm »
Neutral observer viewpoint: the development of Arturia iPad software seems to have been abandoned over five years ago, and is limited to a handful of iPad software synths (iMini, iSpark, iSEM, iProphet). I haven't checked if any of them actually still work on recent iPad OS's, but if they do, it is going to be more by luck than by judgement. I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend (so take it with a pinch of salt if you like) that Arturia's iPad synths were developed by contracted third-party developers who took the knowledge with them when they left. I am not an insider, so I have no proof, but that would explain the rust.

Consequently, the odds of getting MCC on iPads (or Android tablets) are next to zero unless Arturia are in the process of completely redrawing their 'tablet app' landscape by starting from scratch. I hope they are. It is kinda laughable and disappointing at the same time that Arturia iPad software is limited to a handful of comically-old iPad apps which were originally designed to require only the processing-power of an iPad 2. Modern M1 and M2 iPad Pros could easily handle the full V Collection (let alone the MCC) without even breaking into a sweat, because they run the same processors as a modern Mac.

EDIT: Post-script, I've just tried the iMini on iPadOS16. Remarkably it still works. I'm willing to be proved wrong but I suspect Arturia are going to leave these four relics hanging around in the iPad App Store until they no longer work on current iPads / latest iPadOS's, then they'll be quietly kidnapped in the middle of the night, bundled into the back of an unidentifiable black cab with their hands tied + mouths gagged + concrete shoes, and tossed over a bridge into the nearest river.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 04:33:22 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines