April 26, 2024, 11:21:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: polybrute sequencer menu and change note velocity  (Read 1118 times)

rweisman

• Apprentice
polybrute sequencer menu and change note velocity
« on: October 28, 2022, 02:29:35 am »
Hi!

On the polybrute:

Does anyone know what the menu is in the attachment?  It keeps randomly appearing when I press the sequencer button, but, not always.  Also, a keyboard display sometimes appear in the LCD screen which shows which note is playing.  Finally, there is a 3rd menu that appears to show note velo length and dub on/off.  Is there a way to edit the note velocity from this menu?  What does dub off mean?  Is it related to overdub mode?

Thanks!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: polybrute sequencer menu and change note velocity
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 03:38:50 pm »
Those are the modulation lane display and the step edit display. You get to these by repeatedly pressing the Sequencer button - the presses takes you through:
  • Home page - the normal sequencer operations
  • Key display - showing the keys that are playing
  • Mod display - showing modulation curves for the mod lanes
  • Step edit display - showing info for up to 6 notes in the step

The last one may require some explanation, this is in the manual: "9.4. Step edit: Notes". Short version:

It lets you edit all the notes in a step - remember the steps are polyphonic. To enable editing, hold a step button for ca. 1 second. The selected step is shown in red, the other steps are show in purple and the notes in the selected step are shown in blue. The display shows Note, Velocity and Gate Length for up to 6 notes. You can press buttons in the blue Note rows to adjust the length of each note, or you can use Amount to adjust all notes at once. You can hold a blue button and adjust the Note, Velocity and Gate Length. Pressing the first blue note button in a row will toggle it on and off. You can also just hit a new note or chord to enter it in the selected step.

The "Dub ON/OFF" display is the Overdub status. You can use the "7" button to toggle it on and off.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 04:29:35 pm by DrJustice »

StudioDeutz

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 03:40:54 pm »
wow !!! This is what I call a description in a "Nutshell" - I am an oldtimer...... thanx DrJustice, well done!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 03:42:26 pm by StudioDeutz »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 04:28:41 pm »
Thank you, StudioDeutz :)

I think this step edit function is one that people don't discover intuitively, and this was and opportunity to "advertise" it". So thanks to rweisman for bringing it up :)

rweisman

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 02:41:45 am »
Thanks Doc!

I also figured out that to get to the key/mod/step discplays, you have to have the seq engaged. I was just pressing the sequencer circle button and it would not display.  Had to actually engage the sequencer.  Makes sense but for some reason wasn't obvious to me. 

rweisman

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 02:49:49 am »
OK, after messing around with it, Doc's post makes so much more sense.  Thanks again.

One follow up:  Is there a way to just adjust the note velocity using a rotary knob, or, do I just have to re-play that specific note? I could adjust the length by holding the blue button and using the rotary knob, but, velocity didnt change. Thanks again!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines