April 19, 2024, 03:42:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Roland Fantom 8 as midi controller for v collection / analog lab v  (Read 638 times)

pdjohnson

• Apprentice
I have a Roland Fantom 8 and want to use it as a controller for V Collection / Analogue Lab, in particular knobs and slides. I know I could get a KeyLab but it feels like a lot of money to spend when I have a really fantastic MIDI controller in the Fantom.

I am on V3.0 of software of Fantom
Mac OS 12.6
Arturia Analogue Lab V 5.5.1 / V Collection 9

I have a Novation Launch Key Mini, when in Arturia Analogue Lab under settings, MIDI I am able to click learn and it detects the knobs being interacted with and I can assign knobs to controls in Analog Lab V fine. This is what I want to achieve with the Fantom. Whilst Arturia manufacture a controller for Analog Lab V, the Fantom is far superior.

The Fantom is connected to my Mac and it is able to control the tones in Analog Lab V. I can play sounds. However, I am unable to achieve defining the midi controls. I have tried clicking Assign 1 and then Learn in Arturia Analogue Lab but this does not seem to be the right thing to be doing. Arturia Analogue Lab is not detecting interactions with the Fantom knobs or sliders.

Do you have any advice?

Many thanks

Paul

LBH

Re: Roland Fantom 8 as midi controller for v collection / analog lab v
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 05:50:12 pm »
Hello,

If your Fantom send out midi CC in a way it's recieved by Arturias applications, then there should be no issues.
Be sure that's the case.

Then also be sure you use a valid midi CC. If a certain midi CC number can be used with your controller, then the same midi CC should also work using your Fantom.

A way to assign a control is:
1. In Arturias application in the right panels MIDI page click "Learn". Controls on the GUI get colored.
2. Click a assignable control.
3. Move you Fantom control untill you can see it's read.

You write like you press "Learn" last. That's not correct procedure.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines