March 28, 2024, 01:08:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Generate is far better than I expected  (Read 1275 times)

SvenDia

• Apprentice
Generate is far better than I expected
« on: October 21, 2022, 03:59:25 am »
Honestly blown away by the Generate patches I'm getting. They sound like patches I would make, so I have to ask, is there some kind of AI going on that is analyzing my user patches to look for common elements that are then applied to the algorithm?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Generate is far better than I expected
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 10:59:00 am »
Heh... In a way. What it does is to pick A and B sounds from other patches, then it morphs them a bit and, copies the result to A or B. It does this a few times. Thus it could be said that it draws on the intelligence of the sound designers, since it uses their material instead of simple parameter randomization. This method can indeed yield quite musically useful and ready to go patches.

Alan Dicker

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 01:39:44 am »
Page 46 of the manual explains what's happening. 

"PolyBrute can generate a random patch for you by choosing sounds A and B from different patches, changing the morph knob value, moving the result to sound A, and then repeating most of that process a random number of times. The generated patch can then be tweaked saved as a Snapshot, or saved as a new preset."

So it's always going to fall at a place between two pre existing patches.  It's not randomly applying 0 to 100% settings to all parameters and so can avoid nonsensical sounds.

Enarke

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 07:52:34 pm »
Also jazzed by the Generate function. Very glad they chose not to have every parameter jump up into nonsense range when applying it.

Tarekith

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 03:17:56 pm »
I just wish there was an easier way to activate it, instead of having to menu dive. A shortcut for instance. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines