March 28, 2024, 04:44:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer patches make no sound in Ableton  (Read 1055 times)

captainmarko

• Apprentice
Sequencer patches make no sound in Ableton
« on: October 20, 2022, 10:44:42 pm »
Does anyone else have this problem? All other patches work fine. As soon as I call up a sequencer patch....nothing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 11:01:20 pm by captainmarko »
Sleep in the trees and keep your knees in the breeze.

Alan Dicker

• Apprentice
Re: Sequencer patches make no sound in Ableton
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 12:34:59 am »
Have you checked your sync settings?  Internal Vs external clock.

paulmapp8306

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 04:51:23 pm »
I have the same.  Its the same with Arps too.
Ive also noted - at least on mine - that PB always sends clock out regardless of input settings - which is a PITA. 

I hope its me.... as Its new to me BUT:

The Midi selection of Arp/Seq MIDI out - which I assumed would be the option (it if off no arp/midi notes and no clock - but if on they you get arp and seq generated note data transmitted along with clock) - doesnt appear to do anything.   My PB behaves EXACTLY the same with it On or Off.... Always sends clock - never sends note data.

As Im recording Midi notes not audio - I get round this by filtering Command and clock at my midi routers input ( to stop the clock loop) and using internal sounds regardless of what Ill play back (as the it DOES send note data out). At lest I can work - but its a PITA to do it this way.

SvenDia

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 08:37:50 pm »
Sync setting is in the global menu, #5. Just wanted to make sure you've set your clock source to an external source.

paulmapp8306

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 08:18:24 am »
Sync in inst a problem.  I can sync from an external source or use the internal clock.

Got an answer back from Arturia....there is no way to stop PB sending midi clock OR Start/stop messages...  you have to filter those out externally.  PITA.
so - just need to work out how to get arp and sequencer generated midi data to the outside world when having PB local control off (using PB as a controller).   Everything else is good.

NO idea what the Arp/Seq Midi out tab (on/off) does..... doesnt make any difference for anything Ive tried.   Anyone know exactly?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines