April 25, 2024, 11:43:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Filter suddenly opens up to max and muted voices  (Read 679 times)

jazzdog

• Apprentice
Filter suddenly opens up to max and muted voices
« on: October 20, 2022, 10:05:54 am »
Hello everyone,

i have this new problem that in certain patches all of a sudden the filter opens to max(at least thats what it feels like. the sound gets extremlx brassy and harsh). I play a damped moody sound and all of a sudden its a full on brass blast to the head. When i then close the filter to -100 i have the somewhat same old sound that i had  in a 0 position meaning i loose all the negative range. This is... well... really a big issue! As anyone can imagine it makes recording impossible to some degree and really kills the vibe when just playing. Its not with every patch and Init-patch seems untouched. Has anyone had that problem or even know a solution?

ah, also with these patches it seems as one voice is quiet. when testing the voices of both vcos in init isolated through one filter at a time the voices are all there. i was afraid that i had another defective voice chip since i had to return the first poly due to that reason.

edit: it seems as all my own created patches are okay, it seems as ifonly factory patches are affected. Going through these ive noticed that maybe every 4-5 patch now has a muted voice?! 

Thanks all and have a good day
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 10:33:20 am by jazzdog »

Yohonis

• Apprentice
Re: Filter suddenly opens up to max and muted voices
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 06:13:53 pm »
I just wanted to add a comment that have been experiencing some voicing issues that are similar to what you've described.  Whether I've cold-started the PB or let it warm up for sometime, I've experienced some voices buzzing or sounding like the filter is completely open, or glitching from open to closed repeatedly.  It only happens for a 2 or three of the voices, whereas the others in the patch act as they are programmed.  I've done a full recalibration and it fixes the problem temporarily.  But it comes back.  I've read other posts about similar issues but I haven't seen a permanent solution yet (just a recalibration, which is not something that I want to have to do several times per day...)
Cheers,
John

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines