March 28, 2024, 07:07:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: In Ableton Live, use the VST2 version of Polybrute Connect, not VST3  (Read 1174 times)

rrr123

• Apprentice
This is more of an Ableton tip than a Polybrute-specific one, but I'm leaving it here in case anyone else is tearing their hair out trying to figure out why Polybrute Connect VST won't work properly in Ableton Live 11 (on Windows 11).

No matter what I tried, I could not get the knobs on the Polybrute to turn the knobs in the Polybrute Connect VST on screen. After a couple of hours of frustration, I realized I was using the VST3 version of Polybrute Connect and remembered having a very similar issue with the VST for another hardware synth (OB-6) that was fixed by switching from the VST3 to the VST2. So I tried using the Polybrute Connect VST2 and everything immediately started working, knobs and all.

Since this has happened with two synths from two different manufacturers, I can only conclude that Ableton Live's implementation of VST3 must be buggy, at least for plugins that interface with hardware synths. Stick to VST2 and you will have an easier time.

CoreyLaGray

• Apprentice
Re: In Ableton Live, use the VST2 version of Polybrute Connect, not VST3
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 03:40:47 pm »
This is going to be a dumb question, apologies in advance.  I just picked up a PolyBrute and also run Ableton, how do I confirm which VST version I'm using? 

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: In Ableton Live, use the VST2 version of Polybrute Connect, not VST3
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 06:33:09 pm »
I'm not familiar with Ableton, but if you're on windows your Arturia VST2 plugins are here:
C:\Program Files\Vstplugins
and your VST3 plugins are here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

I suppose you you could move the VST3 version somewhere else to force the use of the VST2 version.

You can also manage Ableton's use of VSTs, here's a guide for that (info about VSTs on on MacOS too):
https://process.audio/support/ableton-live-my-plug-ins-arent-showing-up

Perhaps this video has some useful tips (haven't watched it myself):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBLbPyVpHbc

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines