April 26, 2024, 02:10:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Retaining MIDI In Channel  (Read 693 times)

paddy

• Apprentice
Retaining MIDI In Channel
« on: October 05, 2022, 12:39:56 am »
Greetings, I'm trying to set up Gig Performer with some V-Collection (version 6).  The instruments don't recall the MIDI in num er I set for them, using Omni every time I re-open the files.  FWIW the same thing happens in Ableton.  How does one get the desired MIDI to be persistent?

There's at least one similar post in April 2022 but no answers.

Thanks

Pat

LBH

Re: Retaining MIDI In Channel
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 05:48:56 pm »
Hi,

There's at least one similar post in April 2022 but no answers.
Why don't you post in that thread or at least add a link to it then?

Do you use VST2 or VST3 format? Do you have the issue with both?
Which specific plugins is it about?
Are your software updated?

I don't use Gig Performer or Live.

I'm on Windows 10.

paddy

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 06:03:25 pm »
Re: the other post, when I tried to post to it the forum advised, due to it's age, to start new thread.  Also, as stated, there were no replies to it so I didn't think a  link to an empty discussion woud be of much use.

Also, as per the OP, the specific plugins are the V-6 collection. Seems consistent mis-behaviour with all the ones I've tried.  I'm on a Mac and the same behaviour seems to occur using VSTs or AUs but I tend to use the AUs.

I don't use Windows and I'm not sure the host I'm using (Gig Performer or Ableton) is the issue.  Would it not be the plugin that has some sort of saveable default?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 09:15:59 pm »
I presume you set the MIDI channel in the plugins, and that you by OMNI mean ALL.

Make sure your plugins is compatible with your OS and Hosts.

If that's in order, and you have issues with ARP 2600 V3 version 3.10.1.2674 as VST2 that i believe you can have with VC6, and that i have tested on my system without having this issue, then you can allways try to clear the preferences and reinstall the application through ASC.
Otherwise you can contact Arturia support. But give them useful details to test easily and to be sure the correct things get tested.

Providing details and make links to postulated references in your posts is your job - also to help yourself.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines