March 29, 2024, 12:27:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: midi local off enhancements  (Read 878 times)

EricP

• Apprentice
midi local off enhancements
« on: June 04, 2022, 10:40:28 am »
I use midi local off when using midi effects in Ableton (such as scale), to prevent 2 notes to be triggered (local + midi from midi effect). I use one channel for input and a different channel for output. It works well but there are 2 things that could be improved :
1/ Polybrute connect seems to ignore local off setting and sends back the original keyboard note, making local off ineffective. I need to close PB Connect to get local off to work. This looks more like an oversight from developers than a real intended behaviour

2/ When in local off, the PB control panel (pots and sliders) doesn't control the sound boards anymore, unless it is fed back through midi. A lot of midi effects don't pass-through cc's, so we loose the ability to change the sound while playing in local off. As a workaround, I am setting up another midi track in ableton, getting midi from PB out channel and sending back to PB in channel. In order to not get the keyboard notes back (defeating local off), I insert a scale effect with all notes unselected. This works, but it would be more convenient to get more options for local off such as local notes off, local cc off, local notes+cc off

sander37

• Apprentice
Re: midi local off enhancements
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 12:57:28 pm »
This works, but it would be more convenient to get more options for local off such as local notes off, local cc off, local notes+cc off

I totally agree.

I just noticed with Local Off Morphy and Ribbon are the only still working locally for some reason...???

IMHO Local Menu should have 3 or 4 separate settings for local:
1 Keys
2 Wheels & Pedals
3 Panel
4 Morphy & Ribbon

An extra menu for enabling MIDI out for each of these would be great.

discombob

• Apprentice
Re: midi local off enhancements
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 12:49:48 am »
I'd even like to go so far as to ask (though probably not possible) for another "internal off" mode that disables the analog electronics to save power and reduce heat generation when we are wanting to only use the Polybrute to control software plugins.  It's now my only master controller, as well as absolutely glorious analog powerhouse of course!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines